Chapter 12: A Wonderful Discovery

On the Nemesis (Normal POV):

"Well Starscream? Do you have any news about those two lovebots?" said Megatron. Starscream chuckled nervously and said,"Well master, we and the humans did capture them and held them prisoner at the human base. However, they, uh, got away unfortunately." "THEY WHAT?! HOW COULD ALL OF YOU LET THEM ESCAPE?!" shouted Megatron. "My apologies Lord Meg-" "GET OUT!" demanded Megatron and then a scared Starscream immediately walked away from the main hangar in the nemesis. Megatron then punched a wall on the nemesis and all of the vehicons looked up at their leader in shock. "If I have to do it, I will get rid of Optimus, Leena and the other autobots MYSELF," said Megatron and then he let out a growl.

4 months later after escaping the M.E.C.H base (Leena's POV):

I woke up the next morning and sat up and yawned while stretching my arms up to the sky. I then stretched out my left servo to wake up Optimus but all I felt was the tarp on the berth. He wasn't there. I then looked over to my left to see a data pad that was on the berth and there was a little note that said:

"Good morning my sweet Leena. I hope you recharged well last night. Bulkhead, Smokescreen, Arcee, Bumblebee and I left the base to check out an energon mine to see if there are any there or not. See you when we get back my love. I love you so much sweetspark and I always will. Love from your mech,
Optimus

I smiled and held the data pad close to my chassis and said,"I love you too Optimus." I then felt Optimus send me love and happiness through our bond and that made me smile even more. Then I got up to get some energon to eat for breakfast and walked into the main hangar in the base and saw Ratchet working on another invention. "Morning Ratchet. Recharge well?" I asked him. He smiled and said,"Hello Leena. Yes I did actually. How about yourself?" "I recharged well last night as well thanks for asking," I replied back to him. "You're welcome," he said with a smile on his faceplate. I smiled back and then took a bite out of my energon cube that I had in my servos. After taking two bites, I started to not feel so good and then I got down on my knees and threw up a little bit. I groaned and saw Ratchet immediately come to my side and he helped me get back on my pedes. "Are you alright Leena?" "Ratchet, I don't feel too good," I said to him. "Come on. I'll take you to the med bay and I'll examine you ok?" said Ratchet. I nodded my helm and he took me to the med bay and laid me down on the berth and began to examine me to see what was wrong with me. He examined me for a good ten minutes and then his optics widened when he found out what it was. "By the allspark," he said. "What? What is it?" I asked him. He smiled and said,"Leena, you're sparked." "I'm sparked? What does that mean Ratchet?" I asked him in confusion. "In Cybertronian, it means that you're pregnant with your first sparkling or in human terms, a child. Congratulations Leena," said Ratchet with a smile on his face. I smiled and placed my servos over my stomach and whispered,"Hi little precious one." I blocked off the bond between Optimus and I for a while so that way he won't feel the same way until I tell him when he returned back to base. "We should tell Optimus the great news when he and the others get back from their mission," said Ratchet. "No Ratchet. Let me tell him," I said to him. He smiled and said,"Very well Leena." "Ratchet, we have all the energon that we need and there were no sightings of Megatron or the decepticons. We are ready to return to base," said Optimus over the comm link. "Alright Optimus. I'm activating the ground bridge now," said Ratchet and he activated the ground bridge and Optimus and the others made it through with tons of energon in their servos. Optimus gently put the energon cubes down and walked towards me and wrapped his arms around me and we kissed each other. "Can I talk to you in private for a few minutes Optimus please? I need to tell you something very important," I said. "Uh, ok," said Optimus and we both walked to our berth room and sat down on the berth. "Are you ok Leena?" he asked me. "Yes my love. I'm fine. Well, at first I wasn't so Ratchet examined me and he found out why I wasn't feeling too good," I said to him. "And what was that sweetspark?" asked Optimus. I smiled, grabbed his right servo and placed it over my stomach. His optics widened and he said,"Are you certain?" I nodded my helm and said with a smile on my face,"Yes Optimus. I'm carrying our first sparkling." He then smiled and we both hugged and kissed each other. "Oh my love. That is wonderful news. We're going to be parents," said Optimus. I laughed softly and said,"Yes we are. I love you Optimus. You will be a great father to our sparkling." "I love you too Leena. You will be a great mother to our sparkling," said Optimus and we kissed each other. "Optimus, do you want the sparkling to be a mech or a femme?" I asked him. He smiled and said,"I will be fine with either one of those." "Me too Optimus. Me too," I said and we kissed each one more before we left the berth room to tell the others the wonderful news. When we got to the main hangar, Optimus said to them,"Everyone, we have some news for you. Leena is carrying our first sparkling and our newest member to Team Prime." Arcee and Miko squealed with excitement and they and everyone else congratulated us and the other autobots gave us hugs and our human friends hugged our digits and our pedes. "So do you know if you're going to have a boy or girl?" asked Miko. "Well, it's a little too early to find out what the gender is because it has to continue to grow. Then, as the pregnancy progresses, we'll find out what we're having," I replied to Miko. Then I felt Optimus wrap his left arm around my waist and I looked up at him and smiled. Then he planted a kiss on my helm and said,"Leena, do you mind if I do this?" Then he got down on his knees and put his helm on my stomach and smiled. "Hello little one. This is the sound of your father's voice. Just want to let you know that me and your mother and everyone on Team Prime love you and we're all excited to welcome you to this world. We love you. Your mother and I love you," said Optimus and he kissed my stomach. I smiled at him and said,"That was so sweet." Then we kissed and hugged each other.