Chapter 7: The Rescue

On The Nemesis (Normal POV)

"Clear," said Arcee as she, Bulkhead, Bumblebee and Smokescreen made it on the Nemesis. "Let's pair up and fan out. And beware of Megatron or any of his soldiers," said Bulkhead and they all paired up and went their separate ways to look for Emily. Bulkhead was with Arcee and Smokescreen was with Bumblebee. Smokescreen and Bumblebee had their blasters out and were prepared to use them against either Megatron or the other decepticons. Both of the mechs were almost spotted by three vehicons but luckily they weren't. "That was close," whispered Smokescreen. Bumblebee nodded his helm and beeped softly,"Let's move. Let's continue our search for Emily," and off they went.

Arcee and Bulkhead:

"Be alert Bulkhead. And keep your optics opened for Emily and any of those deceptiscums," said Arcee. "Got it," said Bulkhead and they continued to search for Emily. They made their way to the jail cells and were about whisper Emily's name 'till they heard someone singing a song that they've never heard of before 'till now.

Emily's POV:

I sat down up against a wall in my cell and took a few deep breaths to keep myself calm and at ease. Then I took a deep breath and began to sing a song that was one of my favorite songs of all time. Singing would always calm me down when I feel like breaking down which I did inside my cell.

Emily (singing): We go hideaway in daylight. We go undercover when under sun. Got a secret side in plain sight. Where the streets are empty. That's where we run. Everyday people do everyday things but I can't be one of them. I know you hear me now. We are a different kind. We can do anything. We could be heroes. We could be heroes. Me and you. We could be heroes. We could be heroes. Me and you. We could be. We could be. We could be. Ooh ooh ooh. We could be. Ooh ooh ooh.

Then I heard laser guns going off and then I saw the door slide open to reveal two vehicons standing in front. I screamed in terror but then saw them fall to the ground. I smiled when I saw Arcee and Bulkhead standing there. "Knock knock," said Bulkhead jokingly. "Bulkhead, Arcee," I said joyfully and I got on my feet, limped towards them and hugged both of their digits. "You're limping. What has Megatron done to you Emily?" said Arcee. "Nothing serious. I just have a sprained ankle but I'll live," I said with a smile on my face. They both smiled back. "Ratchet, Smokescreen and Bumblebee, Bulkhead and I have found Emily," said Arcee over the comm link and they all cheered. "Let's get you home Em," said Bulkhead and I sat myself down in his servo and then we took off. We met up with Smokescreen and Bumblebee and I asked,"Where is Megacreep?" "Let's just say that someone told him to take a nap," said Smokescreen as he pointed at his right servo which was curled up into a fist. I laughed at that and we all entered through the ground bridge and made it safely back to base.

At the base:

"EMILY!" yelled Miko and she embraced me in a tight squeeze. "I....missed you....too Miko. Can't....breathe," I said with a bit of straining in my voice. "Oh sorry," she said and she quickly released me. Then June Darby, Jack's mom, examined my sprained ankle and then put an ankle brace around it. "Just give it a few days and it'll feel one hundred percent soon. Just don't do anything strenuous. That also means no riding Speedy 'till it's fully healed," said June. "I understand June. Thank you," I said with a smile on my face. I was then greeted by Shakespeare and Speedy and I was so happy to see everyone. However, the only bot I didn't see in the main room was my guardian and friend Optimus. "W-where's Optimus?" I asked everyone. "He's in his berth room resting and recuperating after surgery," said Ratchet. "Surgery?" I said softly and then I gasped. "Don't worry. He's fine. He's fine. Just tired. The wound left a big hole in his stomach but I was able to patch up the wound and put some more energon in him," said Ratchet. "May I please see him?" I asked him. Ratchet smiled and said,"Of course," and I stepped onto his servo and he took us to Optimus's room. We made it to his room and we both saw Optimus in recharge and I smiled seeing that he was in a peaceful state. We walked up to him and he was in a deep recharge and saw his chassis slowly rising and falling. Ratchet carefully placed me onto Optimus's chassis and I whispered loud enough for him to hear me say,"Optimus." He opened his optics slowly and looked at me and smiled. "Emily. Thank Primus you're ok," he said softly. "Yes. I'm alright. How are you feeling?" I asked him. He revealed the bandage that was wrapped around his stomach to me and  said,"In time, I will be alright." He then gently grabbed me and lifted me up to his faceplate and I gave him a hug. "I was so worried about you Optimus. I thought you were gone," I whispered. "My time is not over yet Emily. It's not over yet," he whispered to me. He then put me back down on his chassis and then I felt really tired and fell asleep on his chassis.

General POV:

Optimus looked at the girl that was sleeping peacefully on his chassis and smiled down at her. "Sweet dreams Emily," he said softly and then he drifted off into recharge.

Chapter 8 will be in the works soon. 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊