Chapter 11: Escape

General POV (Back at the cave):

"Leena, do you read me? Optimus, do you copy?" said Arcee over the comm link. All she could hear was a bunch of static sounds. "Nothing," she said and she looked at Bulkhead, Smokescreen and Bumblebee. "We've searched all of these tunnels and still no sign of them," said Smokescreen. There was a bit of silence 'till Bulkhead,"Do...you think that they might have them?" "Megatron and the decepticons? Probably," beeped Bumblebee. "No. That's not who I'm talking about. I'm talking about that tried to cannibalize Breakdown," said Bulkhead. "And tried to gut me," said Arcee. "And took my t-cog," beeped Bumblebee. Smokescreen shuddered and said,"And tried to open me up that one time when I was still a rookie." They all looked at each other and said in unison,"M.E.C.H." "Those savages. We need to do something now before they rip Optimus and Leena apart," said Bulkhead. "Ratchet, bridge us back to base," said Arcee over the comm link and then the ground bridge appeared and they all walked through it and made it back to their base.

At the base:

When the autobots got back to the base, Ratchet, Miko, Jeremy, Jack and Raf had worried looks on their faces. "Where are Leena and Optimus? What happened to them?" asked a very worried Ratchet. Arcee looked at the medic and said with a bit of a growl,"M.E.C.H. They have them." "What?" said Jeremy. "What do those savages want now?" said Jack. "What if they severely damage them?" said Rafael. "You guys have a plan to save them right?" said Miko. "As a matter of fact, yes. I just came up with the plan to rescue Optimus and Leena. Everyone, gather around. Here's the plan," said Ratchet and they all listened to what his plan was.

At the M.E.C.H base (Leena's POV):

I woke up to see myself wrapped up in Optimus's arms and I looked at my lover who was recharging peacefully. I smiled for a bit and then it disappeared and I began to silently cry. Tears kept flowing from my optics. I then felt Optimus rubbing the back of my helm with his servo and I saw him looking at me and I looked at him with teary optics. "Optimus," I said softly and we hugged each other. "Shhhh. We'll be alright my sweetspark. We'll make it out of here alive," said Optimus and we then kissed each other passionately. I let his glossa enter my mouth and both of our glossa's began to dance with each other. We then stopped and Optimus looked at me and said,"Remember this Aleena. I will always love you with all my spark. Also, no matter what happens, I will always be with you. I love you." "I love you too Optimus," I whispered and we kissed each other one more time. Then his cell door opened with a hiss and we saw two vehicons standing in front of us. They were looking right at me and one of them said,"Let's go femme autobot." We then got up and Optimus got in front of me and gave the two vehicons a glare. Then they switched their servos to their laser guns and we switched our servos to our guns and we fired at them killing them both. "Let's go. Follow me," said Optimus and we both started running to find the exit. "Optimus to base, do you read? Leena and I have escaped from our prison cells. Send us a ground bridge now," said Optimus. "I'm locked onto both of your coordinates. I'm activating the ground bridge now. We'll be there shortly to back you up," said Ratchet. Optimus and I kept on running and then I got hit in the right leg by a laser gun. I screamed in pain and went down to the ground and grabbed my leg. "LEENA!" Optimus shouted and he knelt down beside me and held me close to his chassis. I screamed in pain and I looked up at Optimus with teary optics. I felt him put his servo on my right leg and he began to apply pressure on the wound. It didn't work and I was losing energon and consciousness. "Leaving so soon?" We both looked to see Silas and his men pointing guns at us and he walked towards us. Optimus looked at the men with an angry look on his face and he said,"You savages. How dare you do this to our kind. How dare you do this to my bondmate. You are way worse than our enemies which are the decepticons. That's what you all are. Savages." That really ticked off Silas and then he pointed the laser gun right at Optimus. "Said goodbye to this world visitors," said Silas and then we saw the gun powering up in front of us and we both put our helms together and closed our optics. This was it. We were going to die. Then we heard the sound of more laser guns going off. However, we didn't get hit. We opened our optics to see all of the soldiers including Silas lying on the ground dead. Then my vision started to get blurry and then minutes later, everything went black.

A few hours later:

I slowly began to open my optics and I moaned softly and began to sit myself up 'till I felt someone gently push me back down. "Easy Leena. Easy." I looked over to my right to see Optimus standing there looking down at me. "Optimus?" I said and he smiled at me. "It's alright sweetspark. We're all safe now," said Optimus and he knelt down beside and placed his servo on my cheek. I smiled and leaned into the touch. He then leaned in and kissed me and I kissed him back and wrapped my arms around his neck and we deepened the kiss. Then I slowly sat up on the med berth and we both hugged each other and I planted a few kisses on Optimus's neck. Then he started to make a noise that I've never heard him make before. He was purring like a cat. "You're purring," I said and he looked at me. "I am. Do you think it's weird when I do that?" he asked me. I chuckled and said,"No. I think it's cute," I said to him. He laughed slightly and we kissed each other again.