Chapter 14

"Dude, is it wrong for me to be attracted to you right now?" Johnny asked Jimmy suddenly after they had ordered their bar food and drinks from the waitress. Earlier this evening, when Jimmy went downstairs with fully improved look for Blake, they were all stunned in awe. That plain girl had turned into a babe in just mere hours.

"Hah, I always knew short shit has feelings for me!"

"Don't flatter yourself, I meant Blake."

"Well, she's not available so back off."

"Jeez, keep your pants on, man. I already have a girlfriend. Why are you so protective towards her?"

Jimmy wanted to answer that, but he couldn't. He had no idea why. So he just changed the topic casually.

"You have a girlfriend, Christ? Who's the unlucky girl?"

"Ha-ha very funny. Lacey Franklin. The girl that Brian tried to kiss on the night of Matt-" Johnny then stopped suddenly. He refused to go on because the incident which happened in the next morning was too painful for them to reminisce.

"Oh I remember her! And I also remember that was your first kiss with him..." Jimmy leaned closer to Brian who backed away his body a bit as the person who was close to him right now was a girl. A pretty girl at that.

"Who said that that was our first kiss?" Johnny innocently asked and made everybody went silent, for a long moment of pause and staring at him. Brian cleared his throat.

"So then, brother. Tell us everything. Tell us how you ended up here with Blake." He refused to discuss this further and also didn't want to look at Jimmy as a babe, so he intentionally pressed on the word 'brother' as he leaned back to the leather couch. He flung his left arm on the back of Michelle's seat next to him.

Jimmy took a deep breath as he tried to find words in his head, and to really start his story.

"Where do I begin...let's see. Well, I dunno how to start so I'll just fucking tell you. After I died, I'm not sure for how long but I lingered around. Then somehow I was moved. My body - was moved. Farther from here. I was slipping away."

They listened carefully despite the chattering ambience and loud rock music played around them.

"Slipping away like the wind. I've been to almost every city that we visited during our tour. Our fans...they were miserable. Some are suicidal, some are abused. And I just - stood there. Watching."

He paused for what it seemed like the longest time, giving space for each and every one of them to digest everything.

"Your drinks, darlings."

They looked up abruptly and in sync. The waitress was a bit startled by it.

"Your food will be up in just 5 more minutes okay?"

Matthew nodded and smiled at her. She smiled back, melting and quickly went back to work.

"Then what happened, Jim?" Zacky urged, his left hand touched Blake's inner thigh without knowing.

"Careful, Vengeance." Jimmy teased, narrowed his eyes at him. Zacky withdrew his hand instantly.

"Sorry. I saw you as Jimmy, that's all."

"Dude, I am Jimmy."

"Then why the fuck - this is getting confusing."

Jimmy laughed watching him.

"I was kidding, Zacky! But seriously though, don't touch Blake."

The guys didn't respond but their gazes met, as they knew how protective Jimmy can be around someone he likes.