Epilogue

Mystic Falls, Virginia
 900 years later

 There was to be a ball in the Mikaelson household that night. Of course, people in town were curious about the party and these newcomers. Some were more knowledgeable on the subject than others.

 At the Mystic Grill, no one seemed to notice the brunette woman with the English accent who sat at a table by the window, pretending to read a newspaper. She hadn't exactly been living under a rock, so she heard about Klaus Mikaelson's (as he now called himself, rather than Lord Niklaus) move to Mystic Falls soon enough, but that it was not just Klaus: it was his entire family.

 Klaus had recently killed Mikael, and Finn's suspicions had been true; Klaus did murder their mother, but it would seem she had made a return, as well as Klaus' daggered siblings. She was surprised they hadn't teamed up to murder him, or perhaps they meant to.

 But Rosamund did not care about any of that nonsense. Tonight, all she wanted was see Finn again, to finally be able to tell him how she had felt, and still seemed to feel.

~~~~~~

 No one seemed to notice the brunette woman in the sapphire blue gown who snuck in with the crowds. She wandered through the ballroom, doing her absolute best to blend in. It seemed to work, as no one gave her so much as a second glance.

 And then they saw each other. Perhaps it was some kind of invisible signal, or just a simple coincidence, but Rosamund and Finn looked in each other's direction at the same time. Time seemed to stand still. Everything and everyone else in the room simply faded away.

 Without a word, Rosamund walked briskly up to him and threw her arms around him, hugging him like she had never hugged anyone before. He almost instantly returned the embrace.

 "We should go outside," he whispered in her ear. "We can talk in private out there."

 Holding tight to his hand, she let him lead her outside into the night.

 "How did you find me so quickly?" he asked.

 "Well, isn't too difficult to get news about your brother. I heard he's living here now, and his whole family, too. I wanted to come here to look for you, to know if he had chosen to undagger you."

 "It wasn't Niklaus who undaggered me," Finn said, "But that is a long story better off for another day. What have you been doing? Where have you been?"

 "All over the world, travelling," she answered. "I decided it was what I'd to do most."

 "And Sage?"

 "We have spent some of our time with each other, but it's always been...strained, difficult. I don't know where she is right now, but I'm sure she's doing well."

 "Ah. I see. And have you...had any lovers?" It took time for him to get the question out, and he said it almost as if it were poisonous.

 She nodded. "A few. But nothing that has lasted very long. I was...a little stuck on someone, you see. Someone I couldn't quite shake."

 He raised his eyebrows. "And what are you trying to say?"

 She looked him in the eyes. "Finn Mikaelson, will you run away with me? Somewhere away from this horrible town and those tyrants you unfortunately have to call your family?"

 Finn stared at her for a few long seconds, and she wasn't sure what he would say. But he said, "Wait here," and went back into the mansion.

 For the next few minutes Rosamund waited. She couldn't believe it was really only a few minutes, as it felt like much longer.

 While she was expecting Finn to come back out the way he'd come in, she didn't expect to nearly be hit in the head with a suitcase, which came falling from one of the upper windows. She looked up in time to see Finn climb onto the window ledge and jump down.

 "I don't have much to pack, thankfully," he said. "It would probably be better to travel light. So? Where might we be running away to?"

 Rosamund smiled. "Finn, I have already seen the entire world and whatever there is to see. There are so many places I would love to take you. Wherever you want to go, we'll go. I don't care, as long as you're with me."