Chapter 20.

Sabine didn't know what to say.

"....What?"

"I'm leaving. We're moving towns."

She leapt up and stared at him. He grabbed her hand and made her sit back down.

"Look, Sabine. I don't want to do go any more then you want me to go, but we still have phones! We can still call!"

"Why are you going, anyway?"

He smiled. "My mom found a really good job in a town an hour or so from here. She figured that she couldn't take me an hour just to get to school."

She sighed and said nothing, frowning as a raindrop hit her face. "Well that's horrible timing."

"For which thing?"

"Both." Then she laughed. "Did you notice that Ruby and Ahsoka think I have a thing for you? It's funny."

"A thing?"

She rolled her eyes. "They think that we're dating, Ezra. Ever since that night at the diner when I explained everything to a very persistent Ruby."

Ezra frowned a bit, "I'm sorry you didn't get to dance much at the actual dance that night, Sabine."

She shrugged. "Dancing was never my strong suit anyway. It's no big deal."

He raised an eyebrow, not believing her.

"One of my favorite songs was playing as we were leaving, when the song switched as we bolted out the door."

"That slow song?"

She nodded. "Yeah. I really like it, but I can't dance to it with anyone."

"Why not? Did nobody know it?"

"That's not it. I can only dance to it with people that I might like romantically. That hasn't really happened."

Dance with me, you idiot.

There was silence for a second, then Ezra started scrolling through his phone, occasionally stealing glances at Sabine.

When she went to ask what he was doing, a song played through the phone.

"YouTube?" she questioned, faking calmness. "Nice."

Kriff kriff kriff Ezra how and why?

He stood up and held one of his hands out to her. "Sabine, may we have this dance?"

Her eyes widened as she grinned at him. "Absolutely."