Chapter 3.

Four years later.

A teenage boy ran through the halls of his new school, a piece of paper in hand. "I'm late, I'm late..."

"Yes!" He ran into the right room just before the bell rang.

The teacher smiled at him, "Welcome! Class, this is our new exchange student, E-"

Before she could finish, a teenage girl, wearing very colorful clothes and half looking like she was cosplaying somebody, walked into the room and threw some papers on the teacher's desk, then stood in the doorway, looking for a good seat.

"As I was saying," the teacher frowned. "We have a new exchange student! Everyone, meet Ezra Bridger. He's a sophomore, like all of you. Would you like to say a fun fact about yourself?"

The girl who had thrown the papers had then sat down at one of the only open desks and laughed. "I think he would rather sit through Bontari's class then do that."

The rest of the class seemed to agree with her, which just confused Ezra even more.

"Uh, well, um..."

He stared down at his feet for a little while before speaking, "Nothing I like is interesting or anything, I just like to sketch sometimes..."

The girl, who had been sitting way too casually, straightened up a bit and smiled at him, which he later noticed she didn't do to very many people, she wasn't that friendly to strangers.

"Hey!" Ezra called, nearly tripping over his own feet trying to catch up to her after class was over. "Hey! I wanted to thank you!"

The girl stopped fast walking and turned around. "For what?"

"For helping me stall back there, when I had to give a fact."

She laughed, "You mean with the Bontari remark?"

He nodded. "Yeah, who is he, anyway?"

"He's my Math teacher. He's either a total bore, or all gushy on the phone with that cop from downtown."

"Which cop?" Ezra asked.

"Oh yeah, I forgot that you're probably new to the town. Don't worry, you probably won't miss much. We have a police station, and Bontari always talks to one of the cops there, the one with the swords."

"That's allowed?"

"You'd be surprised what's allowed in this town. We have a grocery store, that wise dude down at the library, a park, etc etc..."

"Huh, okay. Seems interesting, that's for sure... You seemed pretty interested when I mentioned sketching earlier."

She grinned, "Oh, yeah! I love art! It's my favorite class, too. Who do you got for it?"

He looked down at his map, "Mr. Michaels? 

"Nice! I got him, too. Guess I'll see you around then, Blueberry."

"What?"

"Your hair," she laughed. "Because it's so blue."

"Oh," Ezra smiled. Then he laughed, too. "By the way, I never got your name."

"Sabine. My name's Sabine."