Chapter 11.

"Hecking kriff where's Ketsu?"

Ezra looked up to see Sabine walking to him, holding on a girl maybe a year younger then them.

"What?" he asked, grabbing a book and closing his locker. "I thought she was in our math class."

"I wasn't there, and I couldn't find her anywhere."

"I saw her yesterday," the girl Sabine was holding onto piped up.

"So did we, she was with us. We went to dinner together."

"And she doesn't show up, just like that?"

Someone came running over with a flyer before Sabine could reply.

"Hey, have you seen Ketsu? She promised to help me something after school, but I can't​ find her at all."

Ezra shook his head. "No, my friends are having the same problem, actually."

The man scratched the back of neck. "Well that's weird. I was told to come find a girl Sabine if I need to find her."

"Does that mean this happened before?" the girl next to Sabine asked, throwing her blonde hair behind her.

Sabine and Ezra looked at each other.

"I haven't known her long enough to know that," Ezra commented.

"This has happened before," Sabine said. "I just realized that! Thanks, Ruby. Hey, big guy,"

The guy with the flyer frowned at her. "What?"

"What was she gonna help you with?"

"We were gonna set up for the dance this weekend."

"What's today?" Ezra interrupted.

"Thursday," Ruby replied. "Why?"

"Because, she has to show up to the dance, and I think it's on Sunday. So we'll see her eventually."

"Yeah!" Ruby smiled. "I don't know if this helps, but I'm her neighbor and I saw her last night just before she went to sleep, she looked perfectly fine."

The guy with the flyer sighed in relief. "That does help. I'm Zeb, by the way. I'm a junior. I also heard that someone snuck..." he pointed at Sabine, "You, out. I can ask Michelle where Ketsu is, maybe she'll know."

"Who?" Ezra asked.

"The senior that snuck me out," Sabine said. "She's a nervous wreck right now, I think she started feeling guilty for taking me out of town."

"Yeah, I'll do that," Zeb said. "What about the freshman? Can she ask Ketsu's parents?"

"I can," said Ruby. "But we're probably all over-reacting, she might just be home sick?"

"She wasn't sick when she went out with us," Sabine answered. "But that's a possibility, she's a good actress."

"Run along ahead," Ezra suddenly said, eyes wide.

"What?" Zeb and Ruby asked.

"But one won't be beside you..." Sabine whispered. "Then the note..."

"Then the note was for us..." Ezra whispered.

The two teens looked at each other, eyes wide.

"This isn't good."