Lies (ZoroxReader)AU*

*REQUEST*

He was only supposed to protect her, keep her safe. Not fall in love with the girl. The only thing that stopped him was the fact she was the little sister of his boss, Monkey D. Luffy. One more wrong move and he'll be done for sure. But the more time he spent with her, the further he grew fond with her presence. Falling in love was not a choice, but walking away was.

"Zoro!" Your voice chimed as he turned to meet your gaze, you faltered and tripped as he moved to catch you.

"Are you alright?" He questioned, helping the you steady yourself as you quickly nodded and patted off some dust from the dress you had on.

"Anyway! C'mon, I need to ask for your advice on something!" You pulled him towards your room, as he stepped in, you closed the door behind him. Your actions always left him in mystery, when he noticed that there were at least twenty different cake slices lined up, most likely made by the manor's head cook; Sanji. "I need your advice on which cake we should have for our wedding!" His heart fluttered as you said this but he just calmly shook his head, massaging it, pretending to be unscathed.

"We've been over this, (Y/N), you're too young for me. And you're Luffy's sister, we can't be together," he reluctantly loosened your grip on his arm, pushing you away. The truth was, there was about a five year age gap between both of you, but you were still underage.

"I think I like vanilla with the strawberry toppings, you know the traditional wedding cake. Of course, we have to have at least four cakes at our wedding because there will be at least five hundred guests---" you kept babbling on about how the cake would have to match the wedding decor as Zoro was evidently ignored.

There was only one way he could stop you. He pulled you closer to him and just as he leaned in, "I like key-lime best," your eyes widened as a blush claimed your cheeks.

"R-really? Then I need to change everything from the carnations to the chairs!" He let out a chuckle that you found irresistible. Your eyes lit up as you his lips played a smile, if he was happy you were. The butterflies that spun in a spiral in your stomach never calmed after the close contact with the man.

"And what makes you think I would marry a little girl?"

The sweater you had on slid a little off your sweater as these words escaped his lips. "A little girl? B-but I'm turning 18 (eighteen) in a couple months, and---" your voice cracked. "A-and you promised to marry m-m-me when I was of age!" Tears spilled from your eyes as he just stared at your little act.

"I promised you that?" He cocked an eyebrow up as you nodded, wiping the fallen tears with your sleeve. "Listen, princess, you can seduce any other man with that trick but not I." You didn't respond, your expression was blocked by the hair that covered it.

When he stepped over grabbing your arm, you laughed. He could see the runny mascara from your little fiasco a moment ago. "Why won't you fall in love with me?" You poked his chest.

"Because I'd know better than sticking my hand in the tiger's cage." What he spoke was lies.