Us (KidxReader)*

To love is to give up everything.
To give up is to fear.
To fear is to cower.
To cower to someone is never my motto.
For you, I'd like to give up anything except us.

Your hands trembled and tears that threatened to spill, did. Everything you had was on the line as your lover was basically on the death bed. You knew something was wrong when he had went up against a Big Mom Commander. Thoughts of actually losing him crossed your mind multiple times and even doubts of him making it. Of course, he was strong but just not strong enough. If only you had been there, maybe even there to sacrifice yourself. He would never allow his precious to do such a thing but the event replayed through your mind like a tape recorder on constant rewind.

The only thing that you could do was cry as he was in pain on his way to wherever. The fuzzy memories of you two being together crossed your mind; some were good but most were fights and disputes you two had over little things. He was never the first to apologize and you being too prideful never did either. For how you two could still be together was a question many of the Kid Pirates had but never asked, most likely fear of the captain's wrath.

You choked back tears as your hands clenched tighter onto the sheets of the bed; then bed where Kid would take up so much space you'd sometimes push him off of. Where both of you would stay up all night talking about trivial matters such as how birds could fly or some stupid ass question he had stuck in the back of his mind.

If only you'd wake up and find his stupid spike-head next to you, everything would be fine, you would not need anything else; money, fame, power, they can take it all. Even a limb, anything they needed would be alright in your head. He'd ask you why were you crying? Or say you looked stupid just crying by yourself. His arrogant voice would probably be on the top of the list of things you'd miss about him. "Why am I talking like I'm actually losing you?" You wiped the tears away with your sleeves and laughed. "That big idiot, making me worried about him," you chuckled again and suddenly heard a tap on the door.

"(Y/N)?" The familiar dry and haughty voice of Killer's was heard through the door as you greeted him. "K-Kid will be alright. B-but w-we couldn't save his....arm," your heart dropped just thinking about the actual damage that was done to him. He'll be so devastated was all you could think of, not only that but his dream would be cut short. You told Killer to leave, as you took a moment to compose yourself. When you walked into the doctor's quarters of the ship, that heavy feeling in your heart seemed to sink in more as all the wires and fluids going into his body was keeping him alive. To think Kid needed to rely on something---someone else besides himself. You placed a hand on top of his and took a deep breathe in.

"Kid, what will happen to your dream now?" Your heart stopped as he answered.

"Oi--why are you crying? You look even uglier," you laughed at this but eyes were dripping tears. You hit him on the head which caused him to shout profanities, him being in this state you knew he couldn't do anything back so you took his chances. He couldn't tell but all you felt was fear after this incident, knowing what it was like to lose someone with prior experience was something you never wanted anyone, anything to feel.