Best Day Ever (SanjixReader)*

You had a crush. A huge crush, with one of the waiters in the restaurant. How big was this crush, of yours? You don't know, because he was your first and only crush. But all you do know was that you've been going to this restaurant for around ten years...just to see his face. "Is it the usual, mademoiselle?" He asked with the same look as if he were in love with you as you nodded in an embarrassed fashion.

Mademoiselle. He talked to you as if you were his everything, treated you like his world. What woman couldn't resist that---of course, you weren't his only one. But you could live with this, being one of his many lovers was what you had already decided when you planned to marry him one day. Of course, explaining it to your kids was another thing. You let out a heavy sigh as you stopped noting down various thoughts in your journal. "What is that, you are writing down, mademoiselle? A story of our love, perhaps?" Your defenses kicked in and you immediately closed the notebook. "I am sorry, mademoiselle. I had not meant to invade your privacy but I was afraid you were lonely and came to keep you company," he smiled setting down a small plate of appetizers. "It's on the house while your dish comes out."

"T-thank you," you stuttered but composed yourself at the end. "Sanji-kun," you almost whispered his name. Every time you were around him or even heard his name spoken, your cheeks reddened and knees turned to jelly.

"No problem, mademoiselle (Y/N), just seeing you a couple times would give my mood a boost. Of course, a beautiful woman like yourself could set any man's mood in such ways," he complimented you once again which didn't help the blush you already had painted across your face.

You shook your head furiously, "No! No! I would never, I mean---I never had a boyfriend before! But I hope he would be my forever," you finished the plate he had given you.

"Well, any man who doesn't see how great you are can't be as great as you have described him over the years, (Y/N)-San. This man may be blind at best to not notice you before," once again, he spoke badly about himself. You let out another sigh before he walked back into the kitchen, retrieving your meal.

Could this man be blinder than a bat? More deaf than a squid? But who am I to speak when I am more cowardly than the lion.

"I like you, Sanji. Four simple words. I can do it---" your eyes bulged as you stared at the swirly-eyebrow man in front of you, he was listening the whole time!

"Your order is ready, mademoiselle," he placed down a dish as you felt your cheeks flush in a bright shade of pink.

Wait did he not hear me? Then, why was he giving me that look? You mentally slapped yourself out of thought and thanked him for the meal as always. But before he headed back to the kitchen, he whispered a few words in your ear which made your mind go blank and your heart ache.

"(Y/N), I like you too as a friend!"

You felt your spirit and soul go into the air before Sanji screaming something about your health. "Y-yeah, I'm fine," you told him swatting your hand reassuring your friend. "T-thanks for worrying though, friend." You laughed cynically, the ten years worth of a crush just down the drain but it's fine because you guys were friends. You felt the tears coming as your face was drowning in the soup you had ordered.

"(Y/N)! Are you sure? Should I get a Doctor!?" Sanji panicked, as you tried half-heartedly convincing him. Suddenly, large feet scurried across the room towards you.

"She has a crush on you you friking curly eyebrows!" Zeff then continued to stomp back to the kitchen as your face flushed in another deep red.

"W-what? (Y/N), is this true?" His face was immediately drowned in realization as the words you spoke a few minutes ago. You froze in shock as your little secret had been found out, maybe it wasn't a secret after all. "(Y/N), if it's true then..." strong hands pressed against your shoulders then suddenly you were turned towards Sanji, he was the same shade of pink as you was what you thought but suddenly there man's lips were pressed against yours.

As the man let go, he even apologized if it were too quick but all you could mutter out before passing out was, "Best...day...ever."