Part 10

Rajveer and Naina sat there stunned. Naina's head was spinning. Due to  the pain in her hand or this news, she wasn't sure. Rajveer was sure he heard them incorrectly.

Rajveer : Aunty ? ? !!

Mom: Tum dono shaadi toh karna chahte ho na ? Mein soch rahi thi jitna jaldi hojaye utna acha. Uss court case ke baad, na jaane log kya kya baatein kar rahe hai. Aur ab Naina pass out bhi kar chuki hai....I know the way it started was not he best way...but ab jo hua so hua....it is best ki iss rishte ko official bana diya jaye

Rajveer: Aunty, meri aur naina ki....shaadi ..??!!!

Mom : Haan...You are in a relationship aren't you ? You love each other ?

Her Mom exclaimed as it was as matter of fact as " the sun rises in the east ". Rajveer turned around to look at Naina. Naina is looking down, not knowing what to say.

Rajveer:  Aunty ...actually...woh....sach yeh hai ki...i mean...

Rajveer din't know what to say. How could he explain to them that they were not in a relationship. Neither in the academy nor now. Why did the whole world think they are together, he never understood.

Dad: Dekho beta, hum samajhte hai ki tum log,  iss young generation ke,  nahi maante in sab cheezon mein. But hum apni beti ke baare mein ye sab saun nahi sakte. Hum Naveen ki shaadi toh nai kar paye, but apni beti ki shaadi dekh ke marna chahte hai. Isiliye jaldbazi kar rahe hai.

Rajveer then understood what impact that court case had on Naina and her family. Almost everyone still believed that their relationship was the reason he went after the Red box. How could he explain that he din't do it because of that, he just did it because it would make Naina happy, make her alive again. He never wanted her to be his, he just wanted her to be free of pain.

A part of him wanted to say Yes. Yes to marrying her. Yes to sharing her life. But he couldn't make this decision alone. He never spoke to her about this. He din't even know for sure if she loved him.

Rajveer: Uncle, aunty, kya mein bas 5 minute Naina se baat kar sakta hu....

saying this he grabbed her arm, and took her into the balcony.

Rajveer: Naina...

Naina just looked downwards... rajveer turned towards the view.

Rajveer: Naina...is this something you want ?

He asked quietly. Naina looked up at him. He was decidedly looking outside. His heart was beating. Her answer would determine if he can live again or not.

Naina: Nahi....

Rajveer turned towards her with full force. This was it. She din't love him. She din't want to be his.

Naina: Agar aap yeh isliye karna chahte hai kyunki koi baharwala humare baare mein bakwas kar raha hai toh nahi, isliye kyunki mere parents apko pressurize kar rahe ho , toh nahi...

Rajveer: Aur agar wajah kuch aur ho toh...

Naina looked at him. Blushing , she lowered her eyes. Rajveer got his answer. He wanted to jump up in joy. Yell to the whole world that he got his love today. His face broke into a 1000 watt smile.

Rajveer : Naina...

Naina: Sir, ek baat....

Rajveer: yahi na, ki hum ek dusre ko theek se, personal level pe jante nahi..

Naina look at him amazed, how he can read her so well....

Rajveer: Don't worry Naina, we will have a lot of time to know each other. It's not that we are getting married tomorrow. Let's just tell your parents yes so that they calm down. We can drag our engagement for a year and take the time to know each other.

Naina looked at him blushing. She looked so pretty, pink in her cheeks. If they weren't in full view of her parents, he would have totally kissed her.

They went back to the hall and told her parents they were ready to get married as soon as Naina comes back from her mission. Naina went away the next day on a secret mission lasting 6 months. She couldn't talk to her family or to Rajveer.  She came back badly hurt and was in bed rest at home. Rajveer had visited her in the hospital , sat there the whole night holding her hand. But soon, she was moved home. Rajveer did visit a few times, but her parents were always around. Once Naina became a little better, they called Rajveer and a panditji to fix the date. Raj and Naina were finally happy they could spend some time together. It has been so long and yet, none of them even said " I love you" to one another. All their love was in their eyes whenever they looked at each other.

Panditji : In dono ke kndali k liye 2 dates mile hai. ek -Agle saal .

Mom: Yeh toh bohot der hojayegi panditji, agale kuch mahini mein hum shaadi karvana chahte hai. dusra date kya hai .

Panditji : 2 hafton mein

What ???? everybody exclaimed.

Mom: Let's do it in 2 weeks then.

Naina sat in shock. she wasn't ready for this is  2 weeks. Rajveer was stunned too. They din't date properly and it would be very awkward. How could he explain this to her parents.

Naina: Maa...tayariya nahi ho payega...

Mom: Beta, tum tayari ki chinta mat karo. Hum samhal lenge. vaise bhi rajveer keh raha tha ki use simple marraige karni hai.

Both of them sat stunned. Nothing could be done about this now...They were getting married in 2 weeks.