Part 2

Rajveer got up with a jerk. Every part of his body was sore, his head was heavy and his vision was blurry. But he could feel it more clearly than anything, the patriotism in the air, the sound of left right left outside.  This was his home, his KMA. Happiness was flooding his heart.

The door opened and Dr Shalini walked in.

Dr Shalini: Captain....Captain Rajveer, you are awake. 

She ran to him. 

Dr Shalini: How are you feeling. Is your head hurting. Do you feel dehydrated ?Please don't try to get up yet. You need to rest.

She found him just staring at her, tears in his eyes.

Dr Shalini: Captain...

That was it, Rajveer leapt up and pulled her into a hug.

 Dr Shalini gets overwhelmed as well. He was a good officer, a caring mentor and an amazing human being who had to go through hell. His loyalty was questioned, he was defamed and degraded in open court in front of his superiors, colleagues and juniors. His love was insulted, every shred of his dignity was broken and on top of that he was kept captive for almost an year, tied up like an animal, controlled by sedatives. She hugged him back, comforting him.

Dr Shalini: Rajveer, we missed you. KMA was not the same without you. Every cadet and faculty missed you. We are all so glad you are back. Welcome back Captain. Welcome Back !

Rajveer let go off her and sat on the bed. Dr Shalini sat besides him rubbing his back. 

Dr Shalini: It's ok captain. You are  OK . 

Rajveer: Dr Shalini, Am I really here ? I thought I was going to die in that den, without a chance to even fight for my honor.

Dr Shalini:  Yes Captain, please believe it. You are here back at KMA. Good has won over evil. Lala Gehlot has been punished. Your name has been cleared. Naveen's name has been cleared.

Rajveer:  Naina ... ?

Dr Shalini:  Yes Captain, It was Naina.  What she and the cadets did was so brave. You really made a strong bunch of soldiers, Captain. I could see you in every one of them, in their faith, in their courage.

Rajveer: I knew it Doc, I knew it in my heart that my Naina will never let me down.  Where is she ? and the cadets ? I want to meet them.

Dr Shalini : They are not here, Captain. They are finishing some paperwork for the ministry. And all the others are preparing for the graduation ceremony that is tomorrow.

Rajveer: Tomorrow ?

Dr Shalini : Yes Captain, It has been 8 months, since that accident happened.

Rajveer's head spun once more. 8 months ? 8 months, his naina was out all alone, fighting. He had promised her he will be there. How could he leave her like that, in this cruel system. His heart ached for her.

Rajveer: What exactly happened in the last few months.

Dr Shalini: Well Captain, Are you ready for a long story ? nd there is a returning character in this story as well...Major Bhargav.

Rajveer : What ? !!

Dr Shalini: Calm Down Captain, he was surprisingly in a positive role in this story. Actually helped Naina and the others.

Seeing the bewildered look on Rajveer's face, she took a deep breath and told him what happened. The expulsion, the detention center, the operation - Chanakya, the journalist who helped expose Lala...everything.

Rajveer listened in awe. His Naina was even stronger than he thought. She wasn't the expolding ball of rage anymore, she truly transformed herself into a great soldier. A logical, strategy making, balanced soldier...just like her brother. And now, he cannot wait to see her anymore.