Part 7

Rajveer was getting ready in his room. Once. Not once did Naina come and see him. Why ? Din't he deserve one visit from her  ? Rajveer was frustrated. On one side, his guilt was pulling him down. On the other side, his love was pulling him towards her. He was torn in between. But he was an army officer. He had to put up a brave front and do his duty no matter in how many pieces his heart is breaking into.

knock knock.

Rajveer: Come in

Naina opened the door and came inside. He looked at her once, and his heart skipped a beat. Naina, dressed in the light orange saree, he bought for her. Name tags in one hand, a silver bracelet on the other, long earigs kissing her shoulder, she looked like an angel ho just landed on earth. Their eyes meet for a minute. She break of the eye contact before it is too late.

Naina : Sir..

Rajveer stays silent, still looking at her.

Naina: Sir....kaise hai aap ?

Rajveer: Oh...tumhe ab waqt mila meri haal chaal puchne ke liye ?

Naina: (not at all hurt) I am Sorry sir.

Rajveer looks at her. How can she be so normal. She took a few steps closer to him.

Naina: Kaise tabiyat hai Sir aapki ?

Rajveer: I m fine. Tum kaise ho ?

Naina: Never Better.

Naina smiles at him. Happiness is radiating from her. Rajveer softens a little. He steps forward too.

Rajveer: Naina, I am soo thankful to you. All that you have done for me, I have no idea how to repay you. I will be grateful to you my entire life.

Naina's face falls. 

Naina: Sir, meine sirf sachai sab ke saamne laaya. Woh sach, jo aapka tha. Woh himmat aapka tha. jo parde ke piche chup gaya tha. Meine sirf dhul hataya.

Rajveer: Haan Naina, par mere liye, mere sachai k liye, mere gaurav k liye, aaj tak koi iss tarah lada nahi....

Naina: Agar aap mere liye pure academy se lad sakte hai, toh kya mein itna nahi kar sakti ?

They smile at each other. 

Naina: Chaliye sir, Ball ka waqt ho raha hai...yeh lijiye aapka name tag. Saying this she comes forward, peels of the label, and sticks on his coat, right above his heart.

Rajveer is just looking at her. With her hand still on his heart, Naina looks up. Time stops. All she can hear is his heartbeat. Their eyes are speaking volumes. Their breath rate has magnified. How much she missed him was evident in her eyes. How much he wants her was evident in his. 

Slowly, she removes her hand from his coat, lowers her eyes, turns and says " Come soon, Sir".