CHAPTER 20: Meet the sister

September 27. Friday.

PATRICE’S POV

It’s a silent night. Masyadong tahimik kaya naman hindi ko mapigilang mag-isip ng kung anu-anong bagay…. just like what happened to Tyrone last two weeks ago when I visited him, though the good news is Tyrone’s really okay now. He even took me out to a movie house last weekend. But still, I cannot stop worrying about him…

“Patrice, hija, you’re not eating your food. There’s something wrong?” I was taken back to the reality wherein I’m currently having dinner with my parents here in our house. Dad was looking at me, asking if there’s a problem.

“Uhm, nothing… I was just thinking.” I tried to smile then go back to eating. Tonight, it’s roasted chicken with special sauce and vegetables. The food is really nice, I must give our cook enough credit for this dish.

“Is it Tyrone?” my dad asked again, I instantly blush, yeah. He’s always in my mind. I just smiled to my dad as an answer. “Tell him I’m going to see him on Monday.” He announced, that took my attention, even my mom who threw her a look.

“Why? What’s wrong?” I asked dad. My mom went back to her food as if she already know the answer and find it absurd. Okay, what do I miss?

“You don’t know? You mean he didn’t tell you?” napakunot-noo ako sa sinabi ni dad. Tyrone didn’t tell me what? I guess the expression of my face is enough because dad resumed talking.

“I scheduled him for an examination and interview last week. Luckily, he passed. So, he’s going to work for me starting next week.” My dad said then continued eating. I was surprised and got excited immediately.

“OMG!!! Thank you so much, Daddy!!” I was beaming with happiness after the goooood news. I hurry up and hug my dad, putting my arms around his neck. He almost choked his food that makes me laugh even more. Hahaha!

“Oh, princess… You wouldn’t want to kill me after I gave your boyfriend a job.” My dad said. I hugged him tighter. He addressed Tyrone as my boyfriend!! Say, what!!!? Yesssss!

“Oh, Daddy! You don’t know how it means a lot to me… that you gave Tyrone a chance to prove himself. Thank you, dad….” I said to him sweetly. I looked at my mom. “I hope you also give her a chance, Mom. Tyrone is not that bad, if you just give him a chance, you’ll like him.” I was still hugging dad.

“We’ll see, young lady. I’m not as soft as that old man.” My mom rolled her eyes to dad which we both find so funny so we just laugh it off.