Chapter 22

{Niall’s POV}

~Flashback~ (Age 6)

“Mommy…” I said stepping into her room seeing that she was in bed reading. I walked over climbing in bed with her sitting in her lap.

“What’s wrong Niall?” she said moving a small amount of brown hair from my face. I sighed and looked down at my hands. It was happening again.

“They’re back…”

She sighed reaching over into her drawer grabbing a orange and white pill bottle putting two pills in her hand. I looked down at the large white pills before looking up at her. I hated them, I didn’t really know what they were for but they made them go away. Mommy says I have a little “problem” and these pills will help me. Sometimes when I take them I forget about everything that’s wrong but that normally doesn’t last wrong.

“We’re going to get you the best help we can little one” she whispered kissing the top of my head. She always said that but nothing ever changed. I sighed getting out of her bed walking over to my room. I walked over to my bed hearing something hit my window. I walk over to is standing on my tippy toes seeing that Harry is outside of my window in his pajamas. What the?

I quickly go downstairs and open the door as quietly as I can. I don’t want my mom to know I’m opening the door without her telling me it’s okay. I open the door and Harry lets himself in.

“What are you doing here?”

“They’re after me” he whispers

“Who?”

“The monsters duh…come on you have to help me hide” he grabs my hand and pulls me up to my room shutting the door behind us. I walk over making sure that my window is locked and climb in bed next to Harry. I wonder why he ran all the way here. I mean he doesn’t live to far away but oh well.

Harry wrapped his arms around me and I closed my eyes noticing that everything that had been going on in my head had slowly started to disappear.

~End of Flashback~

“So you’ve always had this?” Harry asks and I look up at him then at the doctor that came in to ask me questions. I nod and the doctor writes it down.

“I did…but sometimes I didn’t really notice it or I would block it out. I stopped taking my meds when I thought I was better. I guess there is no getting better then”

“There are times when schizophrenia will seem to slow down on the brain which sometimes is good, but sometimes it can also come back which seems to be the case in this situation. It never went away but you had found some place in your brain to store it so that you could block it out. Now with your stress levels increasing it has found its way back to your main thoughts to where everything will start to come back”