Chapter 13

{Niall’s POV}

I stood up from the bench along with Harry and he led me down the street. We linked arms with each other walking down the streets walking in an awkward yet comforting silence. I don’t know what to say to him. He seems like he’s really thinking about something. I want to ask him what he’s thinking about but I don’t know what to say.

We walk into a random store and I look around seeing random items. It looks like a thrift shop of some sort. I unlink from Harry walking around and he stays close behind me. I pick up a rag doll looking over it and raise an eyebrow.

“That is scary” Harry says wrapping his arms around my waist resting his head on my shoulder. I nod putting it back down and he kisses my cheek. Why is he being so affectionate all of the sudden?

“Are you feeling alright Haz?” I ask

“Yeah I’m fine. Let’s just look around”

I send him a small smile and hold my hand out to him. He grabs it and I pull him around the store. He tries his hardest to smile but I can see just how hard he’s trying. Something’s wrong? I mean I know we fought kinda but we made up. We always do.

I pull him into one of the aisles without anyone in it and cross my arms over my chest.

“What is wrong with you Harry, don’t lie to me either”

“Nothing is wrong I just have a lot on my mind right now.”

“And where did all this stuff come from? You were fine 20 minutes ago” I pout “Did I do something?”

“No, Ni you didn’t do anything. Do not pout”

“I won’t pout if you tell me what’s wrong with you.”

He sighs looking around seeing a couch behind us. He grabs my hand leading me over to the couch and we both sit down on it. We turn towards each other and I wait for him to say something.

“I just don’t like fighting with you is all…”

“Is that what this is about? Harry we’re not fighting anymore. We’re okay right now” I smile leaning in and kissing his cheek. He can be such a softie.

“Yes I know…”

I send him a small walking back to the front of the store. I show that I have nothing to buy and Harry does the same before we walk out of the store together. We walk for hours not bothering to go into any stores knowing that we wouldn’t buy anything anyway. I was enjoying this small amount of time with Harry despite how roughly it may have started. Harry and I would do things like this all the time on weekends as kids. We would sometimes in college but then he met Katherine and that’s when things changed. I can’t say that I blame Katherine for that though. Harry has always been girl crazy and when he met her I knew he would want to spend as much time as possible with her. It was hard for me to except but I managed to do it and this is where is has led me.

I was watching helplessly as my best friend that I was madly in love with fall for someone else. The way he would talk about her, the way he looked at her. It was the hardest thing I’ve ever been faced with. To try and force myself to be happy for them.

“What are you thinking about Nibear?” Harry asks shaking me lightly.

I look up and shake my head. “Sorry I was thinking about something”

“About what exactly?” 

“Would you have wanted me to tell you about my feelings earlier than now?  I mean you were so happy in college with Katherine I wanted to tell you but I couldn’t…”