Another Tag From My Demonic Cousin

Tell us about your WIP.

Which one? No, really. Which WIP do you want?

If you're talking about the doc I most recently edited, that would be To Be Remembered's latest chapter, which has been overdue for several months already.

I'll just say that revealing backstories is a major pain in the arse.

Other than that, it's probably Monstrous, my dystopian Soulmate AU.

Do you have any writing habits/rituals?

Other than staring at my Google Docs app while trying not to get swept away in reading random shit (and failing)? I'd say no, not really.

Favorite/most inspirational book?

It's not a published book, per se.. It's a fanfiction. Currently, it's Love Will Find A Way by amine on archiveofourown. So much feels, such beautiful writing.

What are you planning to write on next?

Most likely Monstrous, but if not, probably either Toska, Let Me Die, or To Be Remembered's next chapter.

Which story of yours do you like best?

Oh, shit. This is hard. Er... it's likely Toska? I mean, even my evil cousin's admitted that it's promising.. Other than that, plot-wise, I'd say it's To Have And To Hold, or maybe Monstrous. I absolutely love Monstrous' universe. :D

Describe your writing process.

1. Open thy browser.

2. Type in 'USUK'.

3. Spend the next few hours reading fanfiction and doujinshis.

4. Occasionally drop by on Messenger to chat with friends and pester thy cousin.

5. Open thy Google Docs app and stare at the list of stories.

6. Roll over on the bed trying to get motivation. Finally open thy most recent work.

7. Reread and edit what thou hast so far. Berate thyself for crappy writing.

8. Attempt to write. After writing at least two paragraphs, exit document and open another. Draft an entire backstory/character profile/universe. Leave both documents to rot.

9. Go back to browser and spend the rest of the day reading fanfictions and doujinshis.

What does it take for you to be ready to write a book? (I.e. do you research? Outline? Make a playlist or pinterest board? Wing it?)

Most of the time, I start when I have a random burst of inspiration. I wait until it grows a bit more, nurture it, before I finally draft either the universe, backstory, or character profiles. I'll leave it to stew after I've exhausted the burst of inspiration, until time comes when I listen to a song and it hits me with motivation again. It's only then that I'll probably create an outline.

How do you deal with self-doubt while writing?

I stop writing, see if my cousin is online, then ask her to critique it. If she says something must change, then I'll try my best to fix it. It's always better to have a reader's insight.

If I disagree, however, I'll reread what I have then promptly edit it as I see fit.

What things (scenes/topics/character types) are you most comfortable writing?

If it's not obvious, I'm comfortable with writing for the LGBT, though that's due to the fact that the pairing I'm most comfortable to write for at the moment are gay. (It's fanfiction, of course.) If it's for originals, I'm slightly more uncomfortable, since I'm not quite sure how my LGBT characters will be accepted. Other than this, I'm rather unbothered with writing about darker themes such as murder, suicide, depression, torture, even mental or emotional manipulation. Any darker than that, I've been avoiding it, since I'm already disturbed by such topics. (Rape or genocide, for example. Just, no.)