chapter twenty four

its dinner time and rachel is sat on sebastian's knee at his grandparents house his aunt nora had ordered pizzas as none of them had felt like cooking.

sebastian had told rachel about his dad wanting custody but he was feeling better with both thad and his uncle on his side.

" rachel have you met martin" sj asked

" no" rachel said

" he is charles's twin brother" lily said

" you mean there is two of them" rachel said mortified.

" no martin is nice" sebastian said looking at his mom who was looking at her shoes.

" and the better looking one i might add" lily said

" he is coming round later you will meet him then i just wanted to warn you incase you thought it was his bastard of a brother" sj

" language " lily said

" sorry my love but i think it suits him" sj chuckled.

" i can agree with that but not infront of rachel" lily said

once the pizzas had arrived they all started eating and chatting about happier subjects mainly how skylar was finding dalton.

" i love it " skylar announced happily.

" good and have you settled back seb" sj asked

" yeah its like i never left" sebastian said

" how are you finding the new warbler captain " his mom asked.

" i like him " sebastian said

" yeah he seems nice but you  can so tell he went to a military acadamy though cant you " skylar said

" yeah" sebastian said

" think i heard a car" nora said getting up and looking out of the window.

"its martin" nora said walking to open the front door.

" are they identical " rachel asked

" martin has friendly eyes that how you can tell them apart" lily said

" plus he usually has a smile on his face and i am yet to hear him bark an order at anybody" sj added.

" hello everyone " martin said sebastian saw him looking at his mom and she looked at martin them back at her slice of pizza.

" come on in sit down grab a slice"  sj said warmly to martin before sebastian noticed his granddad squeeze his moms hand.

" uncle martin this is rachel" sebastian said

" lovely to meet you" msrtin said shaking her hand before he sat down next to sebastian.

" my you have grown skylar " martin said

" has he i hadnt noticed" sebastian laughed.

" it would so funny if i had a growing spert and ended up taller than you" skylar said

" yeah it would the chance of that happening are very unlikely though" sebastian said

" anyway been short has its advantages does it rachel we can escape through crowds without detection we always get on the front row of class photos" skylar said

" that is true" rachel said as the sound of a car door been slammed shut was heard from outside martin got up to look out.

" oh here we go" martin said

" charles " maggie said

" yep" martin said

" dont answer the door he is not to step foot in my house again" lily said

" mom he wont just leave" maggie said getting stressed.

" i will call the poluce have him removed off the property hand me the phone skylar please" sj said

" hello police please this is sebastian Hamilton i live at 102 oakwood drive westerville there is a mn on my property i want removing... is he an intruder oh no much worse thn that he is my son inlaw...well soon to be ex son in law he and my beautiful daughter are innthe midst of a rather nasty divorce and i want him removed immediately... his name is charles smythe... yes the district attorney... well i dont care who he bloody is this is my house and he isnt allowed her... lily fetch me my gun will you... oh your on your way wonderful  i tjought you might be" sj put the phone down.

" you have a gun" nora asked

" no but thdy dont know that do they" sj said

" maggie get out here" charles yelled

" ignore him sweetheart " sj said patting her arm.

" whats this shacking up with my own brother" charles yelled rachel looked at sebastian clearly surprised by that remark.

" seb go into the utility room and switch on the garden sprinkers" sj said sebastian smirked at his grandad rachel got off his knee amd he went to do just that.

as he was walking back to the couch they all heard the police arriving that was when charles really started to yell.

" get your hands off me dont you know who i am" he yelled.

" skylar pass me the phone again" sj asked skylar did so.

" heelo bernie its sj... im good how are you tell me does your son still work for the westerville times newspaper.. he does thats great tell him to get to my house straight away tell him D.A smythe is going ape shit on soon to be ex inlaws driveway should make a nice story since he is going for peytons job when he retires" sj said.

" good thinking sj" lily said

" thank you my dear " he said as they was a knock on the door.

martin opened it and an officer walked into the house charles could still be heard yelling.

" hello mr Hamilton im officer davidson i believe you said the man ourside is your son in law" he said

" not for much longer" lily said

" i see which of you two kadies is his wife" the officer asked.

" i am" maggie said

" are you ok" the officer said

" i dont like him turning up here i want my son amd my family safe " maggie said

" do you have a restraining order against him" the officer asked

" no" maggie said

"get one he is going ballistic we are taking him away  ut given who he is i doubt he will be held for long so do it as soon as possible " the officer said sympathetically.

" you must be his brother" the officer said

" yes unfortunately "martin said

" you should get one too he doesnt seem happy with you been here" the officer said

" oh i will dont worry as soon has you have taken him maggie and i will go sort it out im a lawyer too " martin said

"seb why dont you rach and sky go to the games room for a while" lily asked

"ok" sebastian said

once in the games room sebastian cuddled up to rachel who held him tightly skylar wentbto place a slot machine to give them privacy.

" im so sorry about all of this" he said

" dont be its not your fault" rachel said stroking his face before kissing him.

" i just feel for my mom too he has put here through so much" sebastian said getting upset.

" atleast she has you and her family " rachel said

" yeah but its not going to end its never going to end he is going to cause trouble for mom and i forever" sebastian said brwaking down.

" come here " rachel said pulling him to hwr and holding him.