✿You Again✿ ►Kakashi Hatake◄

You were found in a diner, sitting alone at the farthest table, glooming over the stressful day dealing with cranky customers at your under paid job. Bags were deep under your eyes and your stomach as empty as the 24 hour fitness.

“Would you like a drink for that headache?” said a calm, familiar voice. You slowly turn your head and find an old college friend who, at some weird point, had an intimate relationship with.

“Kakashi? You work in a diner?” You raised a confused brow finding said man hovered over you; he wore casual clothing as if he were the manager.

 “And as an English teacher”, he chuckled behind the cloth covering half his face. “This is just me helping a friend in their business whenever I can.”

You scoffed and rubbed your forehead in agony, “and yes I would love a Shirley Temple…no alcohol.”

“No more drinking for you, I see.” Kakashi teased, remembering back in college you as the crazy, drunken party-goer.

“Ha! I’m surprised you acknowledge that.”

“Well unlike most men, I paid attention to you, [Name],” the silver haired man patted your shoulder seeing the sadness in your eyes and turned to fetch your requested drink.

He was right; he was also an understanding boyfriend: after dropping out of school, Kakashi allowed you to stay at his apartment and supported every single one of your decisions, including your regretful decision of breaking up with him.

That was probably the worst turn of your life; everything went downhill from there when you lacked the education to earn a stable job and was stuck as customer service rep. Unlike you, Kakashi finished school and became what he had studied for as well as keeping his ‘cool’ personality.

“You must’ve had a rough day if you haven’t noticed me sitting right in front you.”

“Shit!”

You jumped in your seat as you snap out of your reminiscing state to find Kakashi leaning back on the chair in front of you. A vein pulsed on your forehead when you noticed him reading his usual favorite book, Icha Icha, which always annoyed while you dated him back in college.

“I see you still read those…” you lowly growl and grit your teeth in a smile, “pervert.”

“You stared into nothing, [Name]—it’s creepy you know.” He ignored your last remark.

“Tch! Well sorry I have a lot in mind,” you crossed your arms and slightly leant forward to reach the straw in your Shirley Temple.  Kakashi blinked an irritated eye as you purposely slurped loudly through the straw and earned a ball of paper to be flicked at the middle of your forehead.

“Ow! What was that?!”

“Your manners still need improvement.”

You stared at him with a hand rubbing the pink spot on your forehead and sighed. “Same ol’ you, Kakashi…always lecturing me.”

“I’m just pointing out the obvious,” he put his book down, “you haven’t changed yourself—not one bit.”

Your tongue clicked seeing the face he’d always make when Kakashi wanted to push your buttons. You sighed out a giggle and slurped the rest of your drink before searching your purse for your wallet.

“Well you did tolerate me for 3 years,” you sarcastically grinned. “How much do I owe ya?”

Kakashi blinked in response and stood up with your empty glass in hand. “Nothing, though if you’re feeling guilty you can repay me with a second date.”

“Since when was this a date to you?!” you scowled at his shameless offer.

“Since your headache went away.” Kakashi smiled behind his mask and walked away leaving you staring wide-eyed in your seat. Although you had planned to eat some late dinner, instead you filled yourself with mixed emotions and left the diner.

Kakashi returned to your table to find a napkin with your phone number and address written on it, along with a familiar note only he could understand: So condescending, as always. ♥ ☺

…which meant you couldn’t have enough of him, just like the night you mourned non-stop when you accidently broke up with him while drunk.