☪♬Her First Dance♬☪ ►Edward Midford◄

•:*:• •:*:••:*:• •:*:••:*:• •:*:••:*:•
One Very memorable Night

•:*:• •:*:••:*:• •:*:••:*:• •:*:••:*:•

[Name] smiled at the many couples waltzing gracefully around the ball floor. Her cheeks blushed as she imagined herself dancing around like those beautiful women do. She could just imagine the feel of the breeze flowing through her gown if she were to be twirled in a slow waltz.

‘Ahh…so romantic~’

She swooned at her own imagination, wanting to experience her first ever dance now being a freshly-turned eighteen year old. Her parents sheltered her enough that she was not even allowed to date a boy until she turned 18, not even crush on them.

She laughed at the thought of even attempting to dance. As if she had the stamina or slightest grace to be twirled around, having to hide her shyness from the touch of a man’s hand at the small of her back!

She shuddered. Poor girl, how pathetic…

[Name] slightly turned her head to her right to find three perfectly single guys chatting with each other; they wouldn’t even give her a simple sideways glance knowing [Name] sat there alone.

She, however, was so positive that she patiently waited in her seat, kicking her heels around hoping to be offered her first dance. Her polished fingers laced through her [H/C] locks, curling her fingers as she began scanning the room. But the moment she'd accidently make eye contact with random men, she'd flinch and look away to hide the colored embarrassment of her cheeks.

The ball was so enjoyable that the room was crowded by laughter and clinking champagne glasses. She continued to scan the room, hoping to find a single boy who might also be waiting for a dance partner. Then, her [E/C] eyes locked on an unexpected guest that caused her blood to rush from excitement and nervousness.

[Name] bit down on her glossy lower lip and giggled to herself. Out of all people, she had locked eyes with a pair of emerald ones: Edward Midford.

He lowered the champagne glass from his lips and smiled at her; he remembered her as the cheery little girl who played dress up with his little sister Elizabeth.

The pink on her cheeks increased as she sensed a certain blonde approaching her from across the room. Darting her eyes elsewhere, she tugged at her skirt when her belly tickled in butterflies. She’s had a lifetime crush on this man, who was now 26 years of age.

She quickly glanced forward at the sound of footsteps getting closer and closer. “Pardon me, [Name] is it you?”

[Name]--surprised and startled that he still remembered her name--shot up her head up quickly enough to bump her head into his gloved hand that was held out towards her.

“Ow! Ah! I’m sorry, Sir Midford!” She stood and bowed her head to the Knight she secretly loved in front of her.

Edward smiles kindly. "No, no--forgive me, I shouldn’t have startled you!” he pleaded, slightly bending at the waist when she straightened up.

Edward took a moment to study the crimson coloring her flustered expression. He couldn’t help but chuckle at the girl; she had grown up so beautifully.

Edward looked to his left, frowning to find the three loud chatting men sitting on their chairs who have been ignoring [Name]. Their lack of chivalry set him off and snapped his fingers to catch their attention.

“How dare you ignore this beautiful young lady and not offer her a dance?!”

The three guys stared in fear, while Edward rubbed the bridge of his nose as he shook his head in disappointment. “As if a glass of champagne is anything compared to spending time with someone like you, [Name],” and once again held out his gloved hand towards her, who only stared in awe at his approach.

Her heart raced with the whiff of his cologne. “Uhm, Sir Midford?”

Switching his gaze down at her, his frown wiped to a gentle smile. “May I have this dance, Lady [Name]?”

'Lady... [Name]?' Her knees buckled as she took his hand. His grip assured [Name] enough that she kicked herself up, wobbled on her heels, and blushed to realize how tall he was compared to her. Edward shot one last piercing look at the men beside him before turning towards the middle of the floor with her following suit; her hand shook in his.

Edward gently pulled in the blushing girl inches away from his chest, close enough to smell the shampoo in her cascading [H/C] hair. His right hand placed at the small of her back--just like [Name] imagined—and his left hand curled with her small one.

She glanced up at a smiling Edward and felt herself melt into the dance he began to lead as the music started to play. His emerald eyes captivated her widened [E/C] ones that [Name] didn’t realize her steps were synchronizing with his.

“It’s been a while since I last saw you, [Name]. Such a beautiful lady you grew up to be,” he charmed. She seemed different than most girls--not demanding attention to themselves by revealing too much cleavage or wearing short cocktail dresses.

He was so absorbed by [Name]’s lady-like form that his cheeks faded into a blush and gracefully twirls her to prevent her from noticing.

After minutes of dancing and twirling, Edward concluded the dance by dipping [Name], received an applauding audience and pulled her back up to plant a kiss on the top of her hand.

"Thank you for the dance, Lady [Name]."

"No, thank you... Sir Midford." She could only stare into those emerald eyes, and realized she was hooked.

Didn’t even realize the age difference. ♥