(11) It's the painkillers speaking.

Chapter 11- It's the painkillers speaking.

"What do you mean you don't want to?" She whispered threateningly. "Of course you want to! Look at her!" She pointed to me.

I stood there rooted to the spot. My shoulders were hunched and I looked to the floor. I couldn't bare to look at them both. I just couldn't bare it.

"M-mom," Tammy stuttered. "I'm not doing this!" She tried to sound strong, but her voice cracked.

Suddenly, Tammy screamed, her hair was being pulled, my mother had her in her grip. I jumped forward in defense. I couldn't let this continue.

"Get the fuck off her!" I screamed. I tried ripping her hands away from Tammy's hair, but it was only causing her more pain.

My mother suddenly pulled back a hand and slapped me with so much force I fell to the floor in pain. I groaned while tears came to my eyes.

Suddenly feeling even angrier, I got up on shaky legs and squared up to her.

"Fuck you!" I screamed while I pulled my hand back and punched her square in the jaw. I felt horrible that it felt so perfect.

My hand throbbed, I sobbed while I cradled my hand. My mother fell back onto the floor, clutching her nose in pain.

Tammy then stood up straight and dragged her body over to me. She stood before me, protecting me.

"I'm so sorry," she whispered, with tears in her eyes. "I'm so so sorry,"

I shook my head and laid my hand onto her shoulder.

"We'll get through this together," she continued. Her eyes showed determination. I had never seen something as special as this.

Finally after all this time, I finally had the sister I used to be close to, before my mother brain washed her into hating me. She had always been a bitch, but she had just gotten worse. Finally I had the sister I had always wanted. I had the sister I had always needed.

Someone who was there for me, I wasn't alone.

Suddenly, a high pitched scream came from behind us, my mother had a knife in her hand.

My body shook, this was the end. I cried, and I cried, I sobbed and I sobbed. This was the end for me, I could see it as if it was only a breath away.

"I'll fucking kill you!" She screeched. "I'll fucking kill you, Cali!"

I took steps backwards while my body shook. Tammy came with me, keeping her eyes trained on Linda.

Linda stood there hunched over while gripping onto the side of the counter. She could barely stand straight with the amount of anger coursing through her veins.

She hated me, she wanted me dead.

Suddenly, her body came towards me, lunging for me. I closed my eyes and everything seemed to be going in slow motion. Tammy screamed and yelled. I stood as still as I could. My life was ending before me, and I couldn't do anything. I wasn't strong enough, and I definitely didn't have a weapon to fight back with. All I knew was that this was it.

All I heard from then on was the sound of a body colliding into something, the clatter of the knife on the floor. I opened my eyes slowly, I saw a body, a body dressed in a black leather jacket.

Kyle.

He had my mother held against the wall, his body up against hers so strong. She tried to wiggle free, but gave up in exhaustion. Kyle stood before her, shaking with pure hatred, anger.