H.e.r.o (Zayn)

Before anything, I would like to give a shoutout at the end of the chapter. Thank you. Please read the ending Author's Note.

-L. Jade

---

he·ro

a man of distinguished courage or ability

[Dictionary.com]

I was walking towards my school's doors and mentally prayed for my life. So far, I have made no progress yet in infroming the principle about the little problem I have. Of course, if I peeped up, they would surely do even worse things than they already do.

People were all scattered, talking about what she wore yesterday or how much of a dumb ass he is. Gossip. Then, as if they were waiting, I came in and everyone started changing their subject into making my life even more of a hell than it is.

Oh my god, what is Amna wearing? Nobody wears those shoes anymore.

Ew, how can she have those scars? What are those marks all over her face? 

It looks like she was in a gang related accident.

Rolling my eyes, I did what I always have been doing since the start;ignore. Everyone has their reasons to hate me, not saying they are correct at all, but I am not one to just...hurt. Then that would make  me the same as everyone in this snobby school.

Just as if my life could get worse, they came in with a bat and a rope. Word spread faster than thought.

"Where is Amna?!" their voices boomed the school. 

I was afraid before. Before.

I am so used to it by now. I mean, 2 years of this? Of course I am sick of it, but what can I do? Five guys and a weak little girl. 

I turned and sighed. People watched, as usual. They all know and they do nothing about it. The five of them tie me up. 

"N, can we make this quick? If I am late again, Mr. Johnsons will kick my ass with detention." L said.

"N, you are too damn soft to be with us." LT laughed.

"Shut the hell up guys, I still have a hangover." H boomed.

"Dammit, you guys are stupid as hell!" N screamed.

I noticed one of them was just standing awkwardly, watching them. That's what Z always did. Even though he never beated me, he still watched like the rest of the school. 

I was silent. What else can I really do? Every day, I just let these 5 guys nearly murder me.

One of them took their first hit. Three of them just snickered and watched as I spit some blood out. Closing my eyes, I was waiting patiently for the next and the next and the next.

But none came.

I heard gasps and that was all. Opening my eyes, I saw that Z took N's hand away from connecting to my face.

"There isn't use, okay. This is the seventh time this week. Chill the hell out, N." Z warned. "Let her go for today."

"Why would I do that, Z?" he bit.

"Because...because-"

"Because he has a thing for the punching bag." H chirped.

"Bullshit." Z said.

"Then why are you saving her? Hm?" LT asked.

"Because it's just wrong to hit a woman..." Z responded.