Chapter 43

It wasn't long at all before the rebels had pulled off a victory. The AT-AT walkers were in pieces, the tanks were on fire and the Stormtroopers were either out cold or dead. Fawn gazed round at the damage, lips a thin line.

"Fawn?"

The girl looked down to see Hurricane gazing at her hopefully.

"Do it" Fawn said with a small smile.

Hurricane opened his jaws and let loose a loud, and heart stopping roar. His signature thing whenever he won a battle. Fawn patted the side of the dragon's neck and glanced round at the others who were flying on their reptiles behind her.

"You've got a lot of explaining to do Fawn" Kanan told her.

"I know. I'll tell you everything once we're back on the Ghost" Fawn promised.

Sabine waved to Hera to get attention, then pointed to the Ghost and the Twe'lik nodded. Hera opened the entry port and the dragons flew over to it. After the riders jumped into the hall, the reptiles shrunk and followed them inside as the ramp closed. The Ghost soared from the atsmophere and leapt into hyperspace. Hera put her ship on autopilot and left the cockpit to the common room where everyone was waiting. Fawn was leaning against the wall as Hurricane paced the floor.

"So. What was that Inquisitors blade?" Hera asked as she sat down.

"And what's a Gray Jedi?" Ezra added.

"Why didn't you tell us about this?" Zeb inquired.

"Because I wasn't sure on how you would see me if I told you the truth. Would you see me as a enemy or ally? Would you see me as a foe or friend? I wasn't sure" Fawn told them.

"Fawn, no matter what you're still one of us. You can't be our enemy can you?" Sabine asked.

"I guess that's true" Fawn sighed.

"Just start from the beginning and tell us everything necessary about your past" Kanan said.

After a quick glance at Hurricane who gave her a reasurring nod, Fawn looked at the crew.

"Okay, I guess everything started twenty three years ago.
I was a five years old when my gorce abilitys started to make an appearance. I had a very strong connection to both sides of the Force but I didn't have much control over my power and sometimes accidentally did things I didn't mean to do. Break things, cause explosions, and make animals attack others. My parents weren't afraid of me, they never were. They were sympathetic, telling me it wasn't my fault that I caused so many problems.
They found out a Jedi Temple was on a planet called Coruscant and decided to take me there so I could learn to control my power. That's also the place I met Ben Dredindale. We became good friends as soon as we met each other.
I was assigned to Master Aliby Gorang and he taught me for three years and in that time, I discovered Hurricane. He was all alone on the planet Alderaan. When I touched him, a spiral was engraved into my palm.
My Master allowed me to keep him and he became one of my closest friends.
I kept in touch with my parents all the while I was with the Jedi. Unfortunately, they couldn't visit me and I couldn't visit them. I was too caught up in my Jedi training. They told me they were considering having another child which I was thrilled about. I told them about Hurricane and they were happy for me because I finally had a friend that was like me. Powerful yet misunderstood. Many people in the temple didn't trust Hurricane because after researching, I found out he was a dragon. But he had me, Ben and my Master so he was fine.
Before my eleventh birthday, the separatists captured me while my Master and I were on a mission. They twisted my mind and made me a Sith. I had a new Master who taught me for three years before the Jedi managed to get me back to the Jedi temple. They found a way to change me back, however, my Dark side connection was stronger then it was before I was captured.

Mace Windu decided it was best for me to learn how to use both sides of the Force and I agreed after a while. I inherited a double sided lightsaber that both my lightsabers would fit inside. I was trained with it to expand my skills further.

I discovered Kabera when I was fifteen. Hurricane had grown up so he was a ridable​ size and we discovered he had the ability to travel through space.
We were sucked into a Star Cluster on our way to Hoth and were delivered to Kabera.
Hurricane met Kyber for the first time that day, and Moonshine. I had assumed Hurricane had been abandoned at birth but what really happened was that Kyber had a previous mate, a female Shadow Wing and the two had been living on Alderaan and had Hurricane. Unfortunately, a separatist bomb went off where they were staying and it killed Kyber's mate. Hurricane went missing and Kyber assumed him dead.
When they finally met on Kabera, Kyber had mated to Moonshine and had two more kids; Whiplash and Emerald.
After I befriended Raxia, I visited Kabera as often as I could. Helping the dragon's make their home a safer and more protected Sanctuary.
I was sixteen when Order Sixty Six occured. My Master and I were on a mission when the clones suddenly turned on us. My Master told me to get on Hurricane and fly to Kabera. I refused to leave and we fought side by side. A clone shot my Master and I tapped into my Dark Side connection in my rage. I used my lethal abilities to kill every one of the clones. They didn't stand a chance.
Aliby was dying, I knew he was and I had no idea what to do.
He told me to stay in balance, stay as one in the middle. Don't fall to either side or my other connection would change me. He was smiling as the life faded from his eyes, saying there was no other person he'd rather see than me before he became part of the Force. I tried to use a special Force move my Sith Master taught me. It was how to stop people from dying. However, I used it too late. My Master died in my arms, smiling, his hand limply holding mine. I buried him on that planet, a tombstone resting above his grave in which I engraved with Hurricane's barb.

My parents contacted me after the Empire started and told me I had a baby brother. Unfortunately, I never learned his name because the transmission was cut. I never received word from them again so I went to Naboo, where I grew up, but found my old home was uninhabited. I prayed they were okay as well as my brother.

I've been living on Kabera for fourteen years, fighting the Empire.
I sometimes heard my parents speaking out against the threat but I could never track them down. Then I found out they'd been captured one day, a rumor going around that my sibling had been taken too.
I tried to find them, but was never successful. It was like they'd vanished.
For years I've lived on Kabera, hoping some day I'd find my family again.....but I never did."

"Wow....you've really had a rough past" Sabine said.

Fawn nodded.

"It's been a wild rollercoaster I'll admit."

Fawn glanced up at Ezra then gave a long breath out. 

"There's something else" Fawn said. "I've been meaning to tell you guys this for months but I was too afraid. But you guys need to know the truth."

"The truth?" Hera repeated

Fawn glanced at Hurricane before exhaling and looking round at the Ghost crew seriously.

"Nine years ago, my parents and brother were taken by the Empire. I searched for years to find them. I broke into Imperial and slavery prisons, got dragons to search every planet we knew of that was controlled by the Empire. But my family was never found. However, I did get a piece of small, but valuable information. I found out that only my parents were taken, my brother was still on the planet. I learned, he was on Lothal. I searched for months, almost a year to try and track down my brother. But I never succeeded."

Fawn sighed then looked at the ground.

"Seven months ago, I started working with you guys, and I learned there was someone on your crew who had a last name of Bridger. You see, Arrowback is a fake last name. I've used it for so long to hide my identity. My real last name; is Bridger."

Fawn looked at the Ezra, eyes full of tears

"Ezra. You're my brother."