Chapter 13

Hera felt a surge of joy and excitement.

"You mean it?" She asked as some of the dragons and Raxia jumped to hyperspace.

"Yes, I'll need to get inside. Do you have an entry port for the dragons?" Fawn inquired.

"Of course."

Hera turned off the com and looked at Ezra.

"Ezra could you please go into the Ghost and let Fawn and her dragons in please?"

"Sure" the boy replied going out the door.

"Go round to the Ghost, Ezra will let you in" Hera said into the com.

Fawn nodded and Hurricane flew to the rebels ship. Ezra pressed a button and the bottom of the entry ramp floor opened. Hurricane flew under it and Fawn jumped inside. Taking off her helmet, she nodded to Hurricane who shrunk to the size of a Lothcat and flew in.

"I didn't know he could do that" Ezra said.

"There's a lot of things you don't know about my dragon Ezra" Fawn said taking a data pad from her saddle bag.

She turned it on and the dragons shrunk and began flying inside.

"Dreamcatcher, Shadow, Blade, Hawkeye, Night Hunter, Atlas..."

Fawn named the dragons as they flew inside, making sure they were all there. Ezra watched from the railing.

"... Moonshine, Whiplash, Colour fly, Bolt, Bludgeon and Kyber. That's everyone" Fawn finished.

"Hey Whiplash" Ezra smiled as the dragon flew on to the railing.

"How you doing Ezra?"

"Good thanks. You?"

"Never better." 

"Let's get to the command deck" Fawn said.

Whiplash flapped on to Ezra's shoulder and the boy followed Fawn to the ship. The other dragons bounded after them. Ezra looked over at them. Some were multicoloured, others had sharp spikes and fangs. All had different looks and attributes. Ezra then noticed a green dragon. It had a barbed tail, spikes lining its back, a long neck, brown horns, a grey horn between his nostrils and hooked wings. It looked serious and dangerous. Even at a small size. But he seemed down.

"Who's that?" Ezra asked Fawn.

The girl looked at who Ezra was pointing to.

"That's Kyber. Ben's dragon. You know? My husband? Kyber is a loyal dragon and soulful protector. He'll do whatever he can for those he loves. He was extremely powerful too back in the day. He was one of the best dragons we had on Kabera. He could scare just about anyone half to death. He also happens to be Hurricane and Whiplash's father. Moonshine is his wife."

She looked at a gentle turquoise dragon with large feathered wings and long, soft feathers on the end of her tail.

"All three of his family have tried to get him back to himself, but the experience of seeing his rider killed has left Kyber mentally affected. Ben was his rider for eight years. I doubt he'll ever be the same again. He believes Ben's death was his fault."

Ezra looked at Kyber with concern.

"How long has been like this?"

"Ever since Ben died. I don't know what persuaded him to join the Rebellion. He hardly ever fights the battles of Kabera any more. He's scared he's going to get someone else killed."

"Poor Kyber" Ezra said.

The group reached the command deck and went in. Everyone looked round. Fawn saluted Commander Sato.

"Commander" she said.

"Fawn Arrowback" Sato greeted.

"You decided to join us?"

"I considered it on the way here. I'd rather protect your Rebellion and help it grow then be stuck in the same place everyday. Besides, these guys wanted to help."

Fawn looked over at the dragons beside her. They nodded to Sato with smiles.

"We all wanted to get into the fight."

"The Empire won't stand a chance" Kanan grinned.

"They might if they strengthen their ships" Hurricane said.

"But if they don't. We'll win this war pretty easy."

"Ezra? Why do you have a dragon on your shoulder?" Hera asked.

Ezra looked at Whiplash who looked back.

"This is Hurricane's brother" Ezra replied.

"He just came to me I suppose."

"Remember what we talked about Ezra" Kanan warned.

"I know, I know" Ezra said.

Sato looked at Hera.

"Do you have a spare cabin on the Ghost?" He asked.

"Yes sir."

"You'll move into the Ghost. I don't know where your dragons will stay though" Sato told Fawn.

"They'll be with me. If they stay this size they won't be a problem. They can shrink smaller if necessary" Fawn told him.

"Very good. Welcome to the Rebellion Fawn Arrowback."

Suggestions are appreciated and welcome.

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲