Chapter 40

This takes place a week after Kanan and Kyber become Rider and Dragon.

"There's been more frequent Imperial attacks in the outer​ rim sector" Sato said.

"The people have sent us a urgent call for help. Their food and supplies are low and they are in desperate need of assistance."

The rebels were standing in the command ship as Commander Sato briefed a new mission.

"There's a lot of Imperials there so Fawn, the mission is yours. Hurricane has a lot of power and you're more experienced than the other riders. They also need you to get there fast which is why Hurricane is the best choice."
"Understood sir" Fawn nodded.

"Uh, Commander Sato sir?" Ezra asked.

"Yes Ezra?" Sato raised a brow at the raven haired boy.
"Could Whiplash and I possibly go with her? I mean, technically I'm more experienced than the others and Whiplash is really strong."

"I've assigned Fawn the mission Ezra" Sato said firmly.

"And you're still too new to being alone with Whiplash without back up. By the sound of things, I'll be too busy attacking to help defend and fight with you" Fawn said.

"Stay here and do some more training with Whiplash. Or perhaps you could do some Jedi training while you're free? I haven't seen you do much of it."

Ezra sighed and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Yeah, I suppose."

Fawn rested a hand on his shoulder with a small smile before looking back over at Sato.

"When should I leave?"

"I would say now. The crates of supplies are already waiting to be taken" Sato told her.

Fawn attached her bag to Hurricane's saddle and strapped it on tight. It was filled with her gear that she might need. Fawn and Hurricane were standing in the Ghost's entry ramp with the floor open. It had a blue force field over it so they weren't sucked into space. Ezra and Whiplash were standing behind them as they got ready to leave.

"Please be back soon Fawn. There's some new moves I've read in a Dragon Riding book that I want to try with Whiplash" Ezra told the girl.

Fawn exhaled a chuckle and smiled at Ezra.

"I'll be back as soon as I can Ezra. I can't say when, but I'll be back before you know I'm gone."

Ezra nodded and Fawn went over to Hurricane. The dragon took hold of the three crates beside him in his claws. Jumping off the floor into space, he flapped below expectantly for Fawn to get on.

"Don't do anything stupid with Whiplash while I'm gone alright?" Fawn said.

Whiplash nodded with his talons crossed out of sight of Fawn's 'eagle' vision.

"Yeah sure" Ezra promised, crossing his fingers behind his back.

With a smile, Fawn jumped down onto Hurricane's saddle and he flew from the Ghost. Tail glowing, the dragon jumped into hyperspace.