Chapter 17

Whiplash scampered down the hall with Hurricane chasing him. They skidded round the Ghost like Lothcats on coffee. Fawn quickly moved aside as they shot down the hall. Shaking her head with a smile, she continued down the hall to the command ship. Entering, she looked around and saw Rex and approached him.

"Hello Fawn" Rex smiled.

"Hey Rex" Fawn greeted leaning against the wall.

"You enjoying it here in the rebellion?"

"Eh. I can't wait for a mission. I've been looking forward to that."

"Let's take a walk" Rex said motioning to the door.

The two went out of the command deck and walked through the halls of the ship.

"So. What did you do after order sixty six?" Fawn asked.

"Well, Commanders Wolf, Gregor and I went to a planet with a Republic tank. We hunted Jupers and told stories about the past when we fought for the right side."

Fawn looked over at the clone with sympathy.

"I'm sorry about the other clones" she said putting a hand on his shoulder.

"They didn't get their control chips removed" Rex told her.

"I knew it was something along those lines. I know the clones would never turn against the Republic on purpose."

Rex nodded.

"Do you know what happened to Commander Cody?" Fawn asked.

"Cody? No. Did you know him?"

"I did. We were good friends when I was a Padawan. I've always wanted to find him again. I miss him" Fawn sighed.

"I miss all the clones" Rex told her.

"They were practically my brothers."

Fawn and Rex walked till they got to a window looking out to space.

"What about you? What did you do?"

"Well, I made the sanctuary on Kabera. I accidentally found this star system when I was on a mission when I was fifteen. Hurricane flew too far and we got pulled into a star cluster. It was quite frightening. We were spat out of hyperspace to see the planet surround by the moons. We explored it and kept going back whenever we could. After order sixty six, we called it our home and have been living there ever since."

"What do you think would've​ happened if the death order hadn't happened? Do you think you still would've built the sanctuary?"

"I don't know. I probably would've been too busy having to be a Jedi to do so. I most likely would've had to take on a Padawan as well. Ah well, I guess it wouldn't have happened."

"That place is reallu special to you then?"

Fawn smiled at him.

"It's my home, and I made it more effecint to protect dragons."

"How come that's the only place dragons live? I've been to plenty of planets and I've never seen a single dragon ever" Rex told her.

"Oh there's a simple answer to that. Dragons were first born on Kabera and protected it with their life. When I turned up, they instantly wanted to destroy me. But Hurricane is a Shadow Wing. He's a royal and rare dragon that's respected. They acknowledged both him and me as I befriended them. They trust me a lot because I created their home to have better protection. If I find any other dragons anywhere, I take them to Kabera. When I found slave and refugee​ Togrutas and Twe'liks, I took them in as family. They work with the dragons and are very happy there."

"That makes sense" Rex nodded.

"But do any of the dragons leave Kabera at all?"

"Only to go on OP's and emergency missions. Dragons aren't safe anywhere else then Kabera."

Rex nodded his understanding.

"Where are Commanders Wolf and Gregor?" Fawn inquired.

"They stayed on the planet. They said they wanted to. It was tough saying goodbye to them because, well..."

"You'd already lost everyone else" Fawn finished.

"Trust me, I know the feeling to lose people close and feel alone. I've lost my parents, my master, a lot of my friends and even my brother."

"You had a brother?" Rex asked.

"I did. But he was executed by the Empire" Fawn sighed.

"I barely knew him. He was born when I was at the Jedi temple and I never met him face to face. My parents showed him to me through transmissions."

"Were they all killed by the Empire?"

Fawn nodded and Rex gently squeezed her shoulder comfortingly. 

"I'm sure they'd all be proud of what you've accomplished."

"Thanks Rex."

Suggestions are appreciated.

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲