The mermaid prince

Waking once more in the cold, candlelit room ink saw the same skeleton from before. This skeleton never made sense when they spoke. Ink stares at them wearily

"How was it, Inky? Do you remember now? Well... I see you remember the second one. But, that's not all of it. You really are silly... Well, hurry up now ink! Read another story." They speak. Ink couldn't tell if they wanted to help him or torture him. This was all starting to feel like a lie. Everything was so scattered and broken. All ink wanted was to remember.

Ink stands and gets ready to go through more hell. He slowly walks to the pedestal on the left. He picks up the paper story labeled Mermaid Prince

Mermaid Prince

A long, long time ago, the mermaid prince fell in love with a human princess. But... for years, his love went unrequited.

Before long, he was old and decrepit, all alone even on the day of his death.

The poor, poor prince of the Sea Kingdom.

Who'd ever want to become an ugly monster like him?

A page seemed to be missing like usual. When ink looks up he is in a dark and moldy room. He noticed Error was there in the room. He spoke sourly, "rats... the fish is gone... Mr. Stretch will be furious..." He walked out of the room going past Ink, "you should be looking for your own precious thing."

Own thing? Is there something ink was missing? His words just confused him more and more. Ink looked at the fish tank. It is a filthy green with nothing inside. Whatever lives in there had to be dead. Ink turned away and left.

Upon leaving the moldy room ink could hear a soft whimpering. He followed the noise down the way to familiar halls and to the gift box. He spotted Halluciv at the door. He was the one whimpering. Ink approached. Halluciv shook his head in disbelief of this months gift.

"No way! There's no such thing!" he whimpers. Ink looked up at the gift. It read out,

This months gift

An unmarried mermaid

Ink blinks in disbelief. How were they supposed to find that? Ink watched as Halluciv walked away sadly. Ink sighs and tries to think. If they want that then that's what he was going to get. He quickly leaves to go find this mermaid.

Ink approaches the small staircase to head down but overheard Red and Cross speaking. He listened in.

"Error was quite upset... don't you think that was too much?" Cross asks

"We had to do it. Besides, there's no such thing as mermaids. Don't you agree, cross?" red states blankly.

"You're right. That was the only thing we could do."

Ink slowly approaches the two. This time it was them against Error? It always seemed like it was two of them against another... Cross looks at ink and asks, "What about you, ink? Do you believe in mermaids?"

"They're such beautiful and pure creatures... you're looking for one as well, right? You better hurry. Error might find it before you" red states. The two get up and walk away.

They left something behind. Ink quickly picks the small item up. It is a fish scale that is shiny and blue. The blue reminded him of someone. He lets Orbit sniff it. They head off through the halls and up some stairs.

In a small distance, Ink sees sans and stretch walking to an area. Ink tilts his head and goes into a dark metal area. At the bottom of the steep staircase, ink finds two things. He finds a metal meat cleaver and a fish head. Ink backs away in disgust and takes the meat cleaver. He lets Orbit sniff it. He didn't want orbit to but had to let him anyways.

Making their way back up the stairs they go up further and further. Once they went forward Ink spots error.

"The fish has got to be this way... I just know it..." He searches. Ink sighs and keeps going forward. Searching around he picks up a pair of doll legs. He knew he was getting close at this point. He allows Orbit to use this to his advantage and they go forward.

Upon going forward ink spots those beings. They weren't the usual ones. They had fish heads. Ink flinches back in disgust and attempts to go past them. He gets hit a few times. Each hit was painful though. They felt like he was getting hit harshly with a hammer. Ink manages to run past them and get away. He takes this moment to look at the marks. It left deep blackish, purple bruises on his bones. He whimpers softly and continues to follow Orbit.

Orbit leads him to a door labeled, Mermaids room. He peaks through the door making sure he was quiet. In the room, there is only a plain white bed. On the bed he sees stretch... comforting someone? He couldn't tell exactly but he knew stretch was in the room. Suddenly the door shuts. Ink whimpers and slowly opens the door.

He notices stretch it gone. In the bed was someone. There was a rope connecting them to the ceiling. Ink whimpers and turns around when the door behind him is locked. Some switches turn and the rope is pulled up. It drags the poor monster from under the covers and up into the air. When they are suspended ink instantly knows who it is. Sans... His eye lights were missing and his whole bodily structure was covered in gruesome cuts. It looked like he was in pure agony.

At that moment it started. Sans had started throwing distorted and unpatterned attacks at him. The room was small and hard to move in. Ink got hit multiple times. Orbit threw a couple of attacks until Sans knocked him down. Ink whimpers, "O-Orbit!"

Ink growls and throws a couple of swings at him with the meat cleaver. Most of them had missed though. He finally gets a good swing into Sans' chest. A dark crimson spills out. He screams in distress and the rope above him snaps. Ink quickly closes his eyes then hears a soft thump. When he opens his eyes the room had changed. I had more items such as a lamp and a bookcase. On the bed lay a stuffed skeleton mermaid. Ink blinks and picks it up.

He jumps when he hears a voice.

"What in blazes!? Just who did this?! Who made this mess?" Ink turns around and sees stretch speaking to a crying Error. Ink had never seen Error cry. Ink whimpers softly.

"Was it you Error?" Stretch asks, "go on, tell me..." Error ignores him and continues to cry.

"Answer me Error... " He sighs softly knowing Error wasn't going to answer. He scoffs and walks out of the room glaring at Ink before he leaves. As soon as he leaves Error growls and starts to dust off his clothes

"Yuck! How disgusting." He glares at Ink, "Oh now I see... it was you. It was your fault that I got into trouble..." He frowns and walks towards ink. Ink whimpers softly and backs up a bit.

Error growls and grabs the stuffed skeleton "Give it here!" He walks to the fish tank that was now clean and puts it in. he takes a rag and wets it looking at ink.

"Well... I see a stain..." He walks towards him, "I better clean it up or Mr. Stretch will be angry with me" He pounces on ink knocking him into a black rest.

Ink wakes up and groans. He was sore and bruised. He sighs softly and stands. He goes to the tank and pulls out the stuffed skeleton. Its tail was pulled off revealing a paper. He takes it out and attaches it to the story

I am yours even in death.

Ink remembers the promise he made to his dear friend.

Everlasting.

True love

I am yours,