The Bird Of Happiness

~This chapter is re-done~

Ink awoke in the room with the skeleton wearing yellow and white once more. The skeleton stood and smiled speaking again,

"Are you awake? So, Inky, now do you know what a bad boy you are? Hmm... is it you still don't understand? Well then, I'll have you read these books. Hurry up now Inky! Hahaha!"

Ink takes a moment to think. What is it that he doesn't understand? He then stands and looks at the three stories placed on pillars. he walks to the story on the left off all three books. The book's title is The Bird Of Happiness. It had a picture of a small red bird in a cage on it. Ink started to read.

The bird of happiness

Once a skeleton found a big box.

The bird of happiness was inside

The bird would take the skeleton to Foreverland, or so he hoped.

Each box was smaller than the last

In a cramped, dark space, he finally found his little bird.

But it was far too little, and far too late.

The bird was long dead.

It had met a bloody fate.

The end.

Ink cringed thinking about what had happened to the small bird. The boxes had gotten so small that it had killed the poor bird. Who did this bird belong to? He hoped it wasn't too important to its owner.

As soon as ink looked away from the book he instantly took note that he wasn't in the darkroom anymore. The room consisted of old furniture and was covered in red feathers. He looked around and saw Red crouched in the corner with a cage just like the one in the story. He turned to look at the unlucky skeleton. He spoke softly.

"...The red bird. Have you found what you're looking for? Something dear to you?" He left the room after the confusing sentences. What was he looking for? Ink pondered for a small moment. So, did the poor bird belong to Red? Maybe he could help him find the bird before it got hurt.

Ink leaves the room taking quiet footsteps. He walked down the wooden hall and came up to a corner. As soon as he turned the corner he saw Error and Cross speaking. It seemed they were having a private conversation. The unlucky skeleton listened in.

"He doesn't seem to be skittish at all Error."

"You're correct, Cross. We had better push him a little harder. We'll discuss the details later."

"Okay. let's meet at our secret place." The giggle running away leaving a red feather behind. Push him a little harder? Were they talking about hurting Red? This couldn't be good. Ink picks up the crimson feather and examines it. Did cross and error have to do with this?

"Orbit, can you find where this is?" Ink asks. Orbit sniffs it and nods going off. Ink quickly follows. The halls got darker and darker as he ran down the brown and green halls. As ink follows he sees an abundant amount of red bird drawings on the wall. Orbit leads him down to another hall. Ink opens the door into the hall. Once ink enters a room he sees many red feathers on the ground. The feathers form a trail that begs to be followed.

Ink follows the trail into a bathroom. it was a small bathroom with blue walls. The small feather trail leads to a stall. Ink opens it slowly. As soon as he opens the stall he yelps and falls back. on the wall was a drawing of a bird holding a fork and a knife. over its open beak was a splatter of blood. Ink slowly gets back up trying to think that it possibly wasn't blood, but that's all he could think now. He was in this place too long to think that it was anything else but blood. Ink hears two giggling voices outside of the bathroom. he quickly urges Orbit into the stall before getting in himself. he hears two pairs of footsteps run in and hide in the bathroom. As they hide Ink listens closely.