The Goat brothers

~In no way do I ship Error and cross ._.~

Ink woke once more in the dark room. The same person from before was there.

"Good morning, Inky! Do you remember anything new?"

Ink nods slowly.

"Hmm, I see. You remember one of them. But that's still not good enough. You're such a silly boy! Hurry, hurry! Read the story Inky. heheheh"

Ink stands up slowly. He goes to the story in the middle. It was labeled as The Goat Brothers. It had a picture of two goats on it. He started to read.

The goat brothers

Little brother wrote a letter, bah bah.

Big brother munched it up, bah bah.

Little brother studied his notes, bah bah.

Big brother tore them to shreds, bah bah.

Little brother wanted to read big brother the letter, so he fetched it from his brother's stomach. But with big brother dead in a pool of amber blood, who is there to read the letter to? Bah Bah.

There seemed to be a missing page. When the unlucky skeleton closed the storybook, he saw that Cross was in the room. He spoke softly,

"It's not here, either. If someone else finds it... there must be something very important to you... why don't you go find it?" He walks out of the room. This was strange... Red had said something similar. Ink saw a pencil and picked it up. It was just a normal number 2 pencil with the name Cross written on it. Ink could probably find Cross with this.

"Orbit, can you please find where this scent leads?" Orbit nods and starts going in a direction. It leads to a small paper that is on the ground. It read,

The Red Crayon Pledge

I pledge allegiance to the prince and princess. I promise to love thy neighbor. I shall offer a monthly gift. I shall punish the unfaithful

Ink blinks. Did Cross write this? That seemed strange. He let orbit sniff the paper to continue their search. He spotted Cross in a distance.

"I can't find it anywhere..." Ink continues forward till they find another paper.

Stray dog's notes

The following are notes on the monster Stray Dog,

As described to us by the beautiful prince of dreams, he's big, strong, scarred, and he kidnaps people who don't do their chores.

Current tasks:

Stray Dog investigation: 1F Restroom

Gather notes from rumors scribbled on walls: Assigned to Xcellence

Ink blinks, a monster named Stray Dog? That's strange. From how it's described it seemed strong. Ink would have to avoid this creature. He definitely was not strong enough to face it.

They continued forward. The scent leads them to freezer room. Ink entered and looked around. The first thing that caught his attention was a small snowman. It reminded him of a place. What was it called? Snow... Something... Orbit knocked over the snowman and something fell out.

Ink picked it up. It was an envelope with a heart on it. It was a little torn.Ink opened it and read it.

Error... I love you with all of my heart

-cross

Ink paused. Cross loving Error? Now, this was messed up. If Ink remembered anything it was that Error hated Cross just as Cross hated Error. This couldn't be his world. Ink sighs. He really wanted to remember his world. He wanted his friends back! He picked up an ice pick of the ground figuring it might come in handy. He exits the room.

As Ink and Orbit searched they found Error and Red talking. Ink listened quietly.

"That's why I don't like him. He follows me everywhere... it's pathetic. What do you think Red?"

"He was writing you a love letter."

"I already got it... and ripped it in half."

"Oh..."

"I tried to make the goat eat it, but it wouldn't even look at it" Error sighs.

"I see..."

"Well, what should I do with the rest of the letter?"

Ink goes around the corner. Anxiety and fear filled him as he approached the two skeletons in front of him.

"Perfect timing, Ink. I have a job for you. Part of this letter was torn off and is missing. I need you to go find it. Ink reads it,

Error. wherefore art thou

It was meant for Error, but it's torn and impossible to read. Ink sighs. Even if his cross would never like error this one did. He knew this would hurt him dearly. He nods and heads off having Orbit search.

They enter a small room. The door locks behind them two weird creatures with goat heads approach. One held something like a spear and the other held what looked like giant scissors. The scissors were sharp and shiny. Ink backs up getting prepared for a fight. Orbit sends the first attack biting the one with the spear harshly. Ink goes after the one with the scissors. He gets a few hits in before it hits him in the clavicle. Ink cries out falling back as the thing pins him. Orbit finally gets the first thing down and goes to help ink. He knocks it off Ink and holds it down as Ink finishes it off. Blood splatters all over the two. Ink backs away trying not to puke everywhere.

Ink finally gets to catch his breath and goes to where Orbit had led him. It was an old grandfather clock. He opens it and a dead goat falls out. Ink shivers and backs away from the poor thing. The clock started to go off. Orbit takes a note from off the goat and gives it to ink. He puts the notes together and turns around to see Error and Red have entered the room

"There you are" Red smiles.

Ink hears another pair of footsteps as cross enters the room. Cross realizes what ink has in his hands.

"Why do you have it!?" He runs over and takes it running back Error crying.

"How could he...? How could he have done that to me? What did I ever do to him? Throw him out!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At that moment ink knew he could do anything. He was tied up and thrown into a bag. He was scratched up and crying. He had no way out of this. Several things were thrown into the bag with him. From bugs to old food it seemed to never end. He struggled till he passed out. Leaving him sick and disgusted. His sleep was full of nightmares as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ink woke outside of the bag covered in dirt and bruises. He noticed something in front of him. It was a ragged goat doll lying on the floor. A piece of paper is underneath it.

Ink picks it up and reads it.

Even "True love" is quickly shredded up by conflict.

He attached it to the story. He remembered more of the promise writing it on the chalkboard he never wanted to forget it.

Everlasting

True love