Twenty One

"Today we're going to express love." Mr. Smith started the class off by saying, all eyes were on him. Some girls blushed and giggled, I hadn't done either.

"I want you to find a picture, or even think of one, to draw expressing love. Seems easy, right?" he continued, finishing his statement with a question, the whole class nodded at him and responded with a full 'yes'. He smiled then shook his head,

"Exactly. Well, after you finish your art, I want you to write. Write why you chose the picture to draw, and what your definition of love is." He spoke clearly, seeing as he was multi tasking by setting stacks or art paper on his desk.

"You're my definition of love." a girl with an overly high pitched voice called out, this made my face hot. I glared at the girl even though I knew she wouldn't notice my stares. Mr. Smith just laughed,

"That's impossible," this had relieved me, I don't know why, because I already knew he was going to say something along the lines of 'impossible definitions of love'. I smiled, and he looked up at me, I looked back. We held our stare for a second too long, so I looked away quickly. It was easy to get lost in his eyes.

As I sat with my supplies, I knew just exactly what I was going to do. I started off my drawing with a bed. I looked up at Mr. Adam, to see him doing paper work. I really wish he'd wear his glasses more often, they made him look nerdy and hot.

I finished off the bed, by making it a rounded rectangle. Then I began to draw feminine feet and legs, eventually forming her whole body. I defined the creases on her skin, her hair, I have her toenails and fingernails, but I left her face blank.

Next I drew the man of my art, I started off with manly feet and legs, forming the whole body as I went on. Defining creases and hair, from his head to his legs, toenails and nails, I also left his face plank. Only adding a stubble- beard to it. I added creases into the bed sheet and pillows, I also made the bed sheet and pillows uneven, to make it look more realistic. It was a quick assignment, I just had to give my characters clothes.

On my female, I drew her in underwear and a tank top, I drew the male in boxers and a loose t- shirt. I debated about adding color to my characters, but quickly I decided that I should and added faded, pastel colors. It looked amazing when I had finished shading with the special colored pencils we used.

I admired my art, the couple on the bed were close together, legs intertwining, arms and fingers touching, I knew they were smiling at each other, even though I left them faceless.

I signed my art in the corner, then got out some lined paper. I already knew what I wanted to write, but I still thought about what to write anyways. Finally, my hand started to form words on the paper before I knew it;

I chose this picture to draw because I've been thinking about it for a while now, the perfect people for each other, with each other. Just admiring each others beauty and flaws that make them beautiful. This is what I really want.
My definition of love is, well. I really never thought about this before. Everyone always says I'm crazy for this, but I feel like the chances of true love are so slim nowadays, everyone always ends up getting hurt. So I really don't have a definition yet.
I always had a thing for older guys, with tattoos and facial hair. I like them tall with some muscle, some chub, sweet heart, artistic guys that love their mothers. Because the way a man treats his mom is the way he should treat his partner. But it really doesn't even had to be about looks, I just want to be happy.

Conclusion- I guess my definition of love is, loving someone not by their looks, but by their content. That would explain why I left my characters faces blank. Because you don't need to see their expressions to know that they're happy with each other. You don't need to see their faces to know that their beautiful. Love is ending your story actually feeling alright.

I turned my artwork in along with my essay thing, and he smiled at me,

"Finishing on time, I see. great work Samantha." Goosebumps traveled up my spine at this deep voice, he winked and I turned back to my seat to clean up my work area before period change.

~

I didn't stay after school, I just took my bus home. When I walked in the house, I knew that my mom was in the kitchen. I said hello to her then rushed upstairs before she could start a conversation with me. I set a vinyl up on my record player then collapsed onto my bed, I was exhausted.

When I woke up, the clock had displayed the time to be 8:51 pm, my parents usually left me alone if I was sleeping. I knew they had already eaten. Dishes clanked in the kitchen, I knew mom was doing the dishes and dad was probably watching the evening news like he always did. I sighed then drifted back to sleep.

"Samantha, sweetheart wake up." I heard someone speak in a hushed tone, I had also heard the same album from my vinyl playing, but it was more muted than it was when I first turned it on. I opened my eyes slowly and sat up. Mr. Smith was perched at the end of my bed, I jumped at the surprising site of him. He chuckled softly.

"I missed you." he whispered, I bit my fingernail.

"How'd you get in here, Adam?"

He pointed to my bedroom window, "I'm more athletic than you think, Samantha." He smiled at me,

"It was dumb for you to do that..."

"Well, next time I'll just knock at your front door and tell you're parents that I'm here to see you. alright?" I giggled and jumped on his lap, hugging him tightly.

"I graded your paper from today, it was beautiful. The most beautiful thing I've ever read." My face turned hot from this, he kissed my cheek loudly.

"Well, you're the most beautiful thing I've seen." I whispered, nibbling his ear. He wrapped his arms tighter around me,

"I was just about to say the same thing to you." He whispered onto my collarbone, now giving it light, moist kisses.