Fourteen

I don't talk to my parents over the weekend, I don't eat. I don't even call Amber, I can't sleep.

On Monday I get ready for school at 2:00am, only because I wasn't tired. I nibble a granola and drink lots of water. I put on my makeup, heavy around the eyes to hide my tiredness and the dark circles that remain.

At 3:30, I'm ready. I grab my book bag some money, and I step out of the house.

Today was the perfect day to wear my thick sweater, today was a cold fall day. The black and white patterns pushed against my torso as I walked against the wind. I was just glad I didn't have to walk in the rain. My leggings stayed tight against my legs and waist with my every step. My converse splashed in tiny puddles purposely, dampness spotted the black fabric.

I loved it.

When I finally reached my destination, it was 4:15 I stepped into the 24- hour gas station. It still confused me on how a gas station couldn't be a 24- hour one. But I could care less.

When I got to the register, I held an Arizona tea and a package of Oreos. The cashier looked at me with wild eyes.

"Good morning," we both said in tune.

"Will that be all for you?" The register clinked as she opened it, I nodded. What else would I need?

~

In 3rd period, I tossed out the now empty Arizona can. I feel a presence behind me, but ignore it to sit in my seat. The presence becomes Stephen when he turns me around, holding my waist. I watched his eyes and I knew that he was upset.

"Why have you been ignoring me?" I don't understand his question, I shake my head. He pulls my closer to him violently, so close that I can feel his every word stick to my skin.

"I fuckin' like you Sam, so much. I called you three times this weekend, and you never answered." He mumbled to me, so I could only hear him. Now the whole class was staring at me, where is the teacher?

"The phone never rang." I whispered, my lips trembling,

"Didn't ring? Have you blo-" I kissed him, long and hard. I kissed him, feeling his muscles loosen as he kissed me back, hearing the class gasp, I kissed him.

I pulled away when I heard a set of high heels click into the room, he smiled at me and hugged me, the walked out of the room. I walked to my seat with my face red.

I felt like dirt for kissing him, because I hadn't liked him at all.