Two

"Come over." Amber spoke into the phone, I smiled and hung up.

I better start packing my overnight stuff.

As I walked to Ambers house, I watched the birds fly, cats prowl, people smiling as they walk down the sidewalk as well. I stopped in the park to sketch a dead tree.

I was almost done, when my phone vibrated, I already knew who it was so I sighed and checked my phone;

"?"

I read over that question mark about thirty times, before I had come up with a reply.

"Be there in five, Ambs." I sent, then sighed to finish my tree.

~

When I got to Ambers house, she stood on the porch looking at her phone. When she saw me, she jumped off her porch and ran to me.

"SAM! Oh my gosh Sam!" She hugged me, what did she want? I was shocked,

"What, Ambs?" She hopped off of me, jumping up and down,

"Mrs. Wreds water broke in eight period!" Wait, what? I was shocked, I felt like falling to my knees.

"H- How did you know, and I not find out?" We talked as she dragged me back to her house, I stumbled into her room and sat on her bed.

This is crazy.

I sat there in silence, amber sat next to me and clicked on her tv. After ten minutes of silence, she turned to look at me.

"Sam.. I know she's your favorite teacher, but she's okay! Trust me, I know. She's in the hospital with her husband right now." She smiled at me, I smiled back.

"I know, but who will teach the class now?" Honestly, no one could do it better than Mrs. Wred, so I was worried.

Amber scoffed, "A sub probably, dummy." She laughed at me,