Chapter 9

I'm going to jail

I'm going to jail.

Catherine Lewis, the saint is going to prison because the President's son decided to invade my privacy – who in their right mind would believe such a story? Scoffing, I throw my hands in the air and collapse onto the floor since as fabricated as it appears, this story is real. 

Groaning, I grab a pillow off the couch and place it in my lap, then envisioning Zander's face on the pillow I begin punching it like there's no tomorrow.

"Um, Cupcake what are you doing?"

"Pretending this pillow is your pretentious face!"

"Ouch." Sending him a piercing glance, he shuts up and looks the other way while Patrick glides closer to Celia, eying me suspiciously. 

"Does she always turn into a she-devil?"

"You think she's bad? You're lucky I'm not the one who's mad, otherwise the furniture in this apartment would be flipped and thrown like a war zone."

"Whoa...take it easy. Have mercy on us."

 "Mercy?" My voice is laced with mild hysteria, they want mercy? 

"You two are random strangers. STRANGERS! Who decided to barge into my apartment and practically forced me to have this idiotic sleepover, somehow managed to turn this room into a crime scene, and invited the woman next door whom I haven't spoken to in three years, and YOU WANT MERCY?"

"Hey, we didn't think anyone would call the cops on us and its not like we were having a wild party in here, trust me, this was pretty low key."

If a single look could make him drop dead right now, I pray to God to grant me that wish. 

Observation: Zander Nolan is a thickheaded idiot who doesn't understand the single syllable NO.

Grunting, my heart drops into my chest as the impending knock on the door makes us all go silent. Cautiously walking towards the door, I open it just wide enough to keep the couch from being visible – Ms. Zhao was still sound asleep.

"Hello, young Lady."

"Hi," I greet shakily, the uniform and gun holster intimidating as I take in the officer's appearance. 

"We've received a complaint that you've been rowdy."

"I'm sorry, we didn't mean to, my friends simply got carried away." Shit, what am I saying? I'm not supposed to admit to that! The officer raises a questioning brow at me and I try looking up at him with a look that I hope conveys utmost sincerity.

The corners of his mouth perk up a bit but my triumphant moment vanishes as he pulls the door aside and walks right in. Running after him, I step next to Celia and wait with nervous impatience for the officer to speak.

"I'm sorry to inform you all, but none of you will be leaving this apartment," He declares formally. 

"May we ask why?" Ooh, only Celia could have the nerve enough to speak up.