Chapter 7

"Wha-wha-what do you think you're doing?"

"What does it look like?"

My eyes rest on his lips which were barely a few centimetres away from me. The alarms going off in my mind were blaring furiously and I take a precautionary step back. Do not let your mind wander into uncharted waters, Catherine. 

"Invading my personal space. That's what it looks like," folding my arms across my chest, he frowns at me before resting his gaze on my lips then looking at me from head to toe and then bursts out laughing at his handiwork.

"You know cupcake, you should never leave your hair down."

"Why?" My brow furrows in confusion, and he narrows his eyes and takes a step forward, resting a hand against my shoulder and leaning in to whisper in my ear. Hot breaths tickle my sensitive skin and send a tingling sensation rushing through me, making me blush.

"Because if other men were to see you like this, who knows what they'll do. They won't be able to take their eyes off of....all this loveliness?"

"Um, okay," I replied dumbly, not being able to even think straight because my mind was too occupied at detecting the closeness of his body but I'm smart enough to know that I was still being made fun of. Shrinking back, he doesn't let go of my shoulder but continues to gaze down at me, making me feel extremely uncomfortable. I'm not very perceptive but this kind of attraction is what I want my match(ee)s to be feeling. I on the other hand, have never, and probably will never, be able to feel or make someone feel attracted to me. 

"Okay...but that doesn't explain why you dragged me here?" I added cooly, shifting my weight in a failed attempt to avoid his towering figure. 

"It's called a sleepover isn't it?"

"That's what you call it. I call it an invasion. Fine, I'll humour you instead. Why do they call it a sleepover?"

"Simple. You need to sleep here with Patrick and me, you got to really experience the great outdoors."

Gawking, I look down at Patrick's snoring figure and then back at Zander's smug looking face, "Why? And you call my living room the outdoors?"

"It's still freezing cold out here so it's basically the outdoors."

"Yes, okay it's cold. But why do I need to be out here?" I whined, imaging the layers of blankets piled high on my bed just waiting for me to use.

"I don't think I should disclose that kind of information."

"What?"

"Listen, Cupcake, you are going to bring a sleeping bag into this room and place it right between Pat and me."

"I don't get why you're making such a big deal over a sleepover. You sound like a whiney ten year old girl."

"WHAT?"

No I wasn't sorry for telling off Zander Nolan, son of the president. He enters my apartment and bosses me around and then expects me to sleep next to him peacefully? I was a saint, but even saints have their limits, and I just discovered mine. 

"A girl, a ten year old girl?"

"Yes."

"I'm at least at the level of a sexy grown woman. I mean, just look at all these sculpted muscles."

Rolling my eyes, I try walking past him but he grabs my wrist lightly and holds me back, "You're probably the first person to call me a whiney little girl."

"Should I be congratulating myself?" I admonished more harshly, raising a brow out of annoyance.

"Ha ha, funny. Sarcasm isn't going to get you very far, sweetheart."