Chapter 26 - Poolside

I walked out of the bathroom to find a gawking Tom.

"What?" I said, trying to cover up my body.

"You look fit!" I picked up a cushion off the sofa and threw it at him.

"You know what happened last time you threw a cushion at me" He said, raising his eyebrows.

"TOM! Lets just go down to the pool before you get any other ideas" I said. I grabbed my hat, sunglasses, sun cream, phone, headphones and a towel and started to walk towards the pool.

I walked to the sunbeds that were by the side of  the pool, and someone wolf whistled in my direction. I turned to look who it was. Max.

"Max! Stop it or you won't be able to make kids in the future!"

"Yeah mate, I wouldn't mess with her, She can be fiesty when she wants too!" Tom said, through his fit of laughter.

"Thanks Tom" I replied sarcastically. I walked over to the bed which was next to Nathan and sat down on it.

"Hey" He said, as I sat down.

"You alright?" He shrugged. "Whats up?" He leaned closer to me.

"Did Ellie ever tell you what happened between me and her?" I shook my head.

"She told me that you were round hers, but that was it really. Why?" He took a deep breath before continuing.

"Well I slept with her" He said. He looked at me as if he was waiting for me to flip out or something.

"What else" I knew him too well. There was another part to this story.

"She's acting like she doesn't want anything to do with me anymore. Whenever I try and talk to her, she makes up an excuse to be somewhere else. And when I look at her, and she looks back at me, she turns away. I don't know what to do because I really like her, but I don't think that she feels the same way"

"Look, I'll do talk to her and see what's wrong. I'm sure it's nothing" I assured him. 

"Thanks Al" He said, pulling me in for a hug.

"Oi! Get off me girl!" Tom shouted. Nathan jumped back and I laughed at him.

"Don't worry about him, he's been on edge since the whole plane accident"

"You do know if you ever want to talk, I am always here right?" I nodded.

"Thanks Nathan" I layed back on the sunbed and put my headphones in. Hopefully I will get a tan and not look like a ghost anymore!