Chapter 21

**Annalise's POV**

I land heavily, gasping for breath.

"Where are we?"

I spin around and see Harry, Ron and Hermione standing there, Ron and Hermione looking as shocked to see me as I them.

"Harry!" Hermione snaps. Harry looks guilty and defensive.

"Where are we?" I echo, looking around. We're surrounded by muggles, some of whom are giving us funny looks, and it's not hard to see why.

"Just walk," Hermione says, "we need to find somewhere for the boys to change."

I hurry along beside them and we turn into an Alley. Hermione goes through her bag and shoves some clothes at the boys.

"I can't believe you brought her along," she mutters.

"Her can hear you," I frown, "and it's not like I want to be here."

"We have to go back," Harry says, pulling some jeans on.

"No," I say, "they were there for you, going back will just put everyone in danger."

"You could go back," he says, sounding as if he hopes I won't. I sigh and shake my head.

"No, not if any of them saw me leave with you," I look away, a pain in my chest. I was so close to reaching Fred, just another step. And now we're apart again and I don't know if he's okay.

"I'm assuming you have a plan?" I demand of the three of them, folding my arms, "since I've been dragged into this..."

"Why don't we go in here?" Hermione motions to a small, dingy cafe, "then we can figure out our next move. Put the cloak on, Harry."

Harry unfolds a cloak and drapes it over himself, disappearing completely. I can't help but be impressed.

"We're not far from the Leaky Cauldron," Ron says, "we could-"

"Get murdered there?" I say, "don't be stupid."

The waitress comes over and Hermione orders three cappuccinos as two burly workers come in off the street, sitting down a few tables away. I watch them out of the corner of my eye, noticing that they've looked our way a couple of times. My wand is clenched in my hand, pointed in their direction.

"I say we find somewhere quiet to disapparate," Hermione says, "then we can head for the countryside and send a message to the Order."

"Saying what? 'We're safe, but oops, we kidnapped Annalise'?"

"Helpful," Hermione rolls her eyes, "maybe we should-"

"DUCK!" I dive across the table, knocking her and Ron underneath as the two workmen suddenly spin and shoot stunning spells at us. I return the fire, hitting one of them in the chest as Hermione hits the other. The waitress is screaming.

"Go home," I snap at her, my heart racing. She runs from the building and I stand up, feeling the promise of bruises on my knees and ribs.

"Dolohov," Ron mutters, nudging one of the Death Eaters, "what'll we do with them? Kill them?"

"Wipe their memories," I say, "if we kill them, their boss will know we were here."

"I've never done a memory charm," Ron says, sounding shaky. Harry has removed the cloak and is staring at the Death Eaters with extreme dislike.

"Me either, but I've read about them," Hermione says, leveling her wand with Dolohov's head, "Obliviate."

His eyes go glassy and unfocused.