Interrupted

No one wanted to try and do anything about Phantom's wounds since they didn't know if taking care of a ghost was different from taking care of a human. The team would keep an eye on Phantom in case something happened but nothing changed really. They had tried hooking him up to a heart monitor and they found out that Phantom wasn't lying when he said he didn't have a heartbeat.

Cujo would rarely leave Phantom's side, he always laid down on the bed near Phantom's left hand. Robin would sit by Phantom's side and hope that he'd wake up, he was patient, he would wait. It took four days for Phantom to wake up, when he did he sat up quickly because of a nightmare.

Robin had been sleeping at the time but as soon as Phantom hissed because of the pain Robin woke up. At first he was shocked but that quickly turned into happiness because Phantom was okay! Robin hugged Phantom before he knew what he was doing and Phantom froze for a second.

It was a shock to both of them when Phantom hugged Robin back but they just smiled. After a minute they let go of each other and Robin smiled, "I'm glad you're okay."

Phantom smirked, "It takes more than those idiots to kill me, well sort of." Robin laughed a little before he realized that he was a bit to close to Phantom and he backed up.

"Sorry, I was a bit too close wasn't I?" Robin blushed just a little and Phantom thought it was cute, he looked away for a second.

Phantom started to blush green a little, "It's fine, I didn't have a panic attack or anything so you don't have to apologize."

Robin smiled at Phantom a little before he noticed his blush, "You blush green?"

Phantom huffed, "Shut up, it's not my fault that my blood is green." Robin laughed and Phantom couldn't help but laugh as well, it felt good to laugh. It hurt to laugh and Phantom held his ribs, "Don't make me laugh, it hurts."

Robin smiled, "Sorry, are you okay?"

Phantom nodded, "Yeah, it doesn't hurt that much so don't worry about it."

Robin nodded and he thought for a moment, he almost lost Phantom and he never would have been able to tell him how he felt. Robin took a deep breath, he had to tell him, "Phantom."

Phantom looked at him and hummed to show that he was listening, "I need to tell you something. I-" Robin was cut off when Kid Flash burst through the door to see if Phantom was awake yet. Robin inwardly ranted, 'Oh come on! I was just about to tell Phantom that I like him when Wally interrupts?! What the hell?!'

When the speedster saw that Phantom was awake he smiled, "Dude you're okay!"

Phantom looked neutral, he was wondering what the hell just happened, he felt like something just happened. "I'm fine, what the hell happened?"

Kid Flash thought for a second, "We rescued you, got ambushed by the agents, you protected us and did that weird screaming thing, and did something else so we were near the ships. What was all of that anyway, I had no idea you could do any of that until just then."

Phantom sighed, "I'll explain when everyone is here, it's a pain to explain it over and over again."

Kid Flash nodded, "I'll go tell everyone that you're awake, I should contact Batman to." Kid Flash sped out of the room and Phantom rubbed his eyes as Robin questioned his life.

Phantom sighed, "Someone needs to get him a leash, I swear he's going to hurt himself one of these days." Robin laughed a little and not long after that the team, minus Kid Flash, walked into the room. They were all glad to see that Phantom was awake and Phantom heard a small bark.

Cujo ran into the room and Phantom smiled, "Cujo!" Cujo jumped onto the bed and practically tackled Phantom and licked his face. Phantom didn't notice the pain as he hugged the small dog and continued to smile. After Cujo calmed down a bit and sat next to Phantom on the bed they all faintly heard the zeta tubes announce the arrival of the Leaguers.

Phantom mentally sighed, "Looks like it's time to see if I can walk." Phantom got up before anyone could stop him and he waited for a second to see if his legs would give out. Once was sure that they wouldn't he put his hands in his pockets, "Okay we can go."

They left the room but kept an eye on Phantom in case he fell, he seemed to be okay though. When they finally got to where the zeta tubes were Phantom was the last one to walk into the room. The Leaguers were surprised that he was able to walk but Batman and Black Canary knew that he was tough, and stubborn.

Batman, Black Canary, Green Arrow, Dr. Fate, Flash, and Martian Manhunter were all staring at Phantom. The ghost teen crossed his arms, "Staring is rude you know."

Green Arrow laughed nervously, "Sorry about that, I'm just surprised that you're walking."

Phantom raised an eyebrow, "I was walking around on a broken leg before, this is nothing."

Green Arrow was going to say something when Black Canary cut him off, "How do you feel?"

Phantom had the most indifferent look on his face, "Did you really just ask that?" Cujo barked at her as if he was agreeing with Phantom and Batman quietly sighed.

"Let's move on the another question, what did you do?"

Phantom rolled his eyes, "I've done a lot of things, you'll have to be more specific."

Batman sort of missed Phantom's sass, no one but him had the guts to talk to Batman like that. "At the facility, what did you do and how did you do it?"

Phantom crossed his arms, "Oh that, well the first one was my ghostly wail, I've had that power for a while but it takes a lot of power to use. As for the second one, well that's easy to answer, I teleported."

Everyone looked a bit shocked and Flash was confused, "Wait just a second, you can teleport? And what is a ghostly wail, how did you learn to use it?"

Phantom hummed, "Yes I can teleport." Phantom teleported just to prove his point, he disappeared in a flash of green and reappeared not to far away. He teleported back, "Also my ghostly wail is a power that's unique to me, no other ghost can use it. As for how I learned it, well, that's a long story and I'm not going to tell it."

Batman raised an eyebrow, "Then what about the sound itself, I'd be surprised if it were just random that it ended up sounding like that."

Phantom looked at the ground for a split second and Cujo looked at Phantom sadly. The ghost dog didn't know why Phantom was sad but he knew the ghost teen was upset and it worried the dog. Phantom looked up again, "I don't want to talk about it."

Phantom didn't like thinking about how he became a halfa, no ghost liked thinking about how they died. Black Canary looked at Phantom sadly, "I know this might be hard but we need to know."

Phantom glared at her, "You don't need to know, you want to know, don't lie to me."

Miss Martian saw that Phantom was angry and she cut off any of the Leaguers from talking. "You don't have to tell anyone if you don't want to, it's okay Phantom."

Phantom took a deep breath to calm down and he looked at the Leaguers. He could practically hear the screams ringing in his ears at that very moment but he forced himself to ignore it. Cujo whined as he looked at Phantom sadly and he said something to the ghost dog in a strange language.

Cujo barked at him happily and the ghost teen picked the dog up and scratched behind his ears. Flash whispered to the other Leaguers, "Can't Manhunter just read his mind?"

After a small debate Manhunter tried to read Phantom's mind, emphasis on tried, Phantom forced the martian out of his mind with ease. Manhunter blinked a few times and looked at Phantom in shock and everyone wondered what just happened. Phantom rolled his eyes, "Did you seriously think it would be that easy?"

Manhunter looked at Phantom curiously, "How did you do that?"

Phantom mentally sighed, "Figure it out yourself, I'm going to do something that doesn't involve getting interrogated." Phantom walked off as Cujo jumped out of his arms and walked by his side, the team wondered what just happened. As soon as the Leaguers told the team what they did Phantom could hear their pissed shouting.

*****

I feel like you guys hate me right now. Well you guys aren't getting what you want that easily so you have to wait a bit longer. I hope you liked it and I'll see you next time!