Ghosts Exist

Batman and Robin stood outside the door to the medical wing in case something happened to the boy. Batman looked at Robin, "What have you found out about him so far."

"Not much, whatever happened to him must have been bad, he wouldn't let anyone get close to him. He doesn't trust anyone and he definitely doesn't want to be here but he's way to injured to get far if he tried to leave. He won't let me touch any of his wounds even though he's probably in a lot of pain and I think he heals quickly."

Batman raised an eyebrow, "Do you know his name?"

Robin shook his head, "None of us have gotten a chance to ask him yet."

Batman's face was neutral but Robin could tell that Batman was a bit troubled by what was going on. "When his wounds have healed enough we'll question him but for now try to gain his trust." Robin nodded and Batman continued, "I'll have Black Canary take a look at him when she gets here."

Batman turned and left, Robin mentally sighed and he walked back into the room. The boy was staring at the ceiling with a distant look in his eyes and he didn't react when Robin walked into the room. The boy had kicked the blankets away and he just laid there without moving at all.

Robin was able to see the boy clearly now, he had been mostly hidden by the dark shadows in the forest. The boy wore white combat boots that stopped just below his knees with black pants, a white belt, a long black coat, a white shirt, and white gloves. He also had three small, white, belt like things around his right thigh that seemed to complete the look.

The coat was cut in a way so that his legs showed so it was easier to move and the boy was wearing the hood.

The white gloves disappeared into the sleeves of his coat and his white shirt was barely visible under his coat. His white hair was a bit dirty and it hung in his eyes because it was a bit to long. His green eyes were dull right now but they were still glowing a toxic green that was strangely hypnotic.

The white glow coming from the boy made him look ethereal and Robin remembered how graceful he was. He might be hurt but his movements were fluid and seamless no matter what he was doing. Robin had to blink a few times before he could focus again and he sat down next to the bed where the boy was laying.

"What's your name?"

The boy didn't even blink, "Why would you want to know that?"

Robin shifted ever so slightly, "Well I need to have something to call you, I can't just say he all the time."

The boy hummed, "People have just been calling me thing and it for a while, no one even thinks of me as a real person so why should you?"

Robin gave the boy a confused look, "Why would they do that?"

"Because of what I am."

Robin hesitated for a moment, "What are you?"

The boy had a strange look on his face before it went back to his usual blank expression. "Why don't you ask the people that were chasing me, I'm sure they'd be more then happy to tell you." The boys tone clearly showed that he didn't like the people that had been chasing him.

Robin looked straight at the boy, "I'd like to hear it from you."

The boy sighed, "I'm dead, I'm a ghost."

Robin looked slightly shocked and confused, "But that's impossible, ghosts don't exist."

"You tried to find my pulse but it wasn't there and yet I was still breathing. My blood is green and if you checked my temperature it would be about fifty degrees, I'm dead no matter how you look at it."

Robin shook his head, "I'm still having a hard time believing it."

The boy finally looked at him, "You fight with a martian, a kryptonian, an Atlantian, and a speedster. Not to mention the people on the Justice League, your seriously having a hard time believing ghosts are real?"

Robin crossed his arms, "I guess that's true, how do I know you're actually a ghost though."

The boy shrugged, "You don't, it's up to you to decide whether you believe me or not."

Robin didn't know how to respond to that so he changed the subject, "What's your name?"

The boy looked away from him, "I'm just a Phantom." Robin wanted to ask him more questions but the boy needed to rest and he looked like he wanted to be left alone. Robin got up and left the room to find his team in the living room/kitchen area and they all looked at him when he walked in.

Robin looked deep in thought but Kid Flash wanted to know if the boy was okay. KF walked over to Robin, "Is he okay?"

Robin kept a straight face but he mentally sighed, "He woke up and now he won't let me help him. I asked him to tell me his name but he wouldn't tell me, then I asked him what he is and he said something weird."

Megan gave him a confused look, "What did he say?"

Robin's brow furrowed, "He said he's a ghost." Everyone looked slightly shocked and Robin shrugged, "I didn't believe it either but he had evidence to back it up. He knew that I tried to find his pulse but I didn't find it, his blood is green, and his temperature is only about fifty degrees."

"When I said it was still unbelievable he pointed out that we fight with a martian, a kryptonian, an Atlantian, and a speedster. I'll be honest once I heard that I realized that ghosts existing wasn't the strangest thing ever."

Artemis crossed her arms, "I've met a ghost before, the only thing she kept saying was secret."

No one really knew what to think and Superboy got up, "What did Batman say?"

Robin then remembered that he hadn't told them what Batman said yet, "Batman said that they'd question him when he got better. He's going to have Black Canary stop by and take a look at him to see if he'll be okay or not."

Everyone nodded and they decided to either head home or go to their rooms and sleep. Robin checked on the boy one last time and brought him food, he didn't know if he needed to eat but he wasn't willing to let the poor guy starve. Once he did he headed home while he thought about who the mysterious boy was and how he had gotten hurt.