Robin The Defense Lawyer

While Phantom had gone to the medical wing to take care of his arm Robin walked to the living room. Black Canary, Superman, and Batman were talking quietly while Robin's teammates were all sitting either on the couch or the chairs. They all had grim looks on their faces but he knew they were all thinking about Phantom's breakdown.

Megan talked to him telepathically, 'How is he?'

'I think he'll be fine, he wouldn't let me help him but he seems mostly calm now.'

'He didn't seem calm a few minutes ago.' Superboy said.

Aqualad looked at Superboy, 'It's obvious that something was wrong, I'm sure his reaction was justified.'

'But what set him off?' KF asked.

'He freaked out when Superman got close to him.' Artemis pointed out.

Robin crossed his arms, 'I'm not so sure that was the only thing that was wrong, we'll have to ask Phantom. So what are those three talking about?' Robin looked at the three older heroes, he had a feeling that they were talking about Phantom.

Superboy crossed his arms, 'They've been talking about Phantom since Batman showed up. They're trying to figure out what they should do since he might not be mentally stable.'

Robin felt anger burn in his chest, 'He's as stable as anyone in this room, he just has PTSD.'

'That's what Batman has been saying but Black Canary and Superman think he might be dangerous.' Before Robin could respond the three turned to them and they all looked at Robin with serious expressions. It seemed as if Robin had become the go between for Phantom and everyone else somehow.

Batman and Robin looked straight at each other, "What happened?"

Robin briefly looked at the two on either side of Batman, he felt like the defense lawyer in a court case and they were the judges. His teammates seemed like they'd be the jury, he was pretty sure either Black Canary or Superman were doubling as the prosecution. Batman was on Robin's side but he seemed to be the only one, the two were the only ones willing to stick up for the ghost.

Robin took a breath, "Phantom's mostly calm now, he's even more reluctant to let anyone get close to him though. He hurt his arm but other then that he's okay but he wants to be left alone, I think he's still a little freaked out."

Batman was hoping Robin would say something that helped Phantom, "What did he say?"

Robin thought for a moment, "I asked him if he was okay and he wanted to be left alone. Then I asked about the wound on his arm and he said he did it on purpose and he wouldn't let me help him. He said that the best thing I could do was stay away from him, he sounded a little sad as he said that."

Everyone thought about what Robin said and they wondered why Phantom would be sad. Robin was pretty sure that it was because Phantom was worried that he'd have another episode if someone got close to him. When someone had an episode they weren't aware of what was around them and could become violent.

Phantom probably knew that he'd panic if someone got to close, he knew he'd have an episode. He probably had other reasons but that was a likely reason, he was trying to stop that from happening. Phantom probably knew that he might attack someone if he was like that so he did everything he could to stop that from happening.

He was snapped out of his thoughts when Black Canary spoke, "I want to talk to him." Before anyone could stop her she was walking toward the medical wing at a quick pace. When they finally reacted they ran to try and stop her but she was quick and had almost reached the medical wing.

They reached her right as she was about to open the door, she opened the door and the others cautiously looked inside as well. Phantom was lying down on the bed and his eyes were closed, it took them a second to realize that he was asleep. Black Canary closed the door and they all walked away without saying a word.

They hadn't thought that he'd want to sleep after he had just had a breakdown ten minutes ago. Phantom had looked really tired when they saw him sleeping, the poor ghost had been exhausted. They all went to the living room and sat down in complete silence for what felt like hours.

It was actually only about fifteen minutes before Megan said something, "So what are we going to do now?"

Superman looked troubled, "We should probably just wait until he wakes up and see how he's doing." It was obvious that Superman blamed himself for Phantom's panic attack since he had gotten to close to him. Batman was wondering how he hadn't figured out that the ghost teen was traumatized before now.

It should have been obvious with everything they had seen and heard about the teen so far. He was constantly on guard, he got angry easily, he wouldn't let anyone get close to him, and he didn't want to talk about what happened. He was sure that there were other signs that Phantom was probably hiding from everyone.

Black Canary was thinking the same thing but she didn't let it get to her, she had to focus. "How are we going to try and get him to talk, we need to figure out what happened to him." That was what no one wanted to think about, what had happened to the poor teen that was so bad?

*****

I'm sorry it's so short but the next one isn't and I'm posting this a bit early because I got bored. The next one will be up tomorrow but after that it'll be back to every other day. Please tell me what you guys think of the story so far! I'll let you get back to the rest of your day/night now.