First Mission

Phantom mentally sighed as they all left the room to get ready and possible rest before the mission. Phantom was in his room, he sat on the floor and he lightly dozed off, there was a small alarm clock that he had set to go off in three hours. When he woke up the alarm was going off, he had set the volume so it was quiet but it was still loud in his opinion.

He wanted to smash the damn thing but he settled for slamming the button down to shut it up. At least he hadn't had any nightmares, that was probably the most sleep he's had in over a year. He got up and left his room so he could find the other teenagers running around this place.

Phantom found them getting ready to leave, once he got there they all started getting on the 'bio-ship' and Phantom had a weird feeling. When he was inside the ship he got a slight chill down his spine, "Is this ship alive?"

Megan smiled at him, "Yes, how did you know?"

Phantom had to stop himself from growling, "I can tell whether things are dead or alive." He sat down in the chair farthest away from anyone, he still didn't trust himself to be around people so this was the best option. Once everyone was seated and the ship had taken off Kid Flash looked at Phantom.

"So you said that you can tell when things are dead or alive but how?"

Phantom mentally sighed, "It's a natural part of being a ghost, I used to be alive so I can tell when something is still alive." The sad part was that he wasn't lying, even though he was a halfa he was still half dead so he could tell.

Aqualad looked at Phantom sadly, "I'm sorry."

Phantom raised an eyebrow, "For what, for the fact that I'm dead? Don't be, it's not like you killed me and I'm already dead so there's nothing that anyone can do about it."

Superboy looked straight at him, "How did you die?"

Megan looked shocked, "Conner!"

"What? It's a reasonable question."

Phantom almost laughed at that, it was a common question, "I don't really like talking about how I died, most ghosts don't. A lot of people ask ghosts how they died, most of us won't get offended but it's unlikely that they'll tell you."

Artemus seemed slightly troubled before she spoke, "I think I met a ghost once, she told me how she died."

Phantom looked at the archer, "What was her ghost name?"

"Ghost name?"

"Most ghosts don't use the names they had when they were alive, they use a different name so people don't know who they used to be."

Artemis nodded, "The only thing she kept saying was secret, I don't think she could say anything else."

Phantom hummed, "She was probably pretty young when she died then, if that's the case then it was also traumatic. If I had to guess I'd say she was killed by someone she trusted, probably a close friend or family member."

Artemis looked shocked, "She was killed by her brother, how did you know all of that?"

Phantom smirked, "You tend to learn a lot about ghosts when you become one, all of that was guess work."

Robin thought for a moment, "Does that mean that none of that applies to you?"

"Not necessarily, some ghosts have been killed but they don't know who killed them. Plus there are ghosts that died when they were young and it was traumatic but they're still normal. Well as normal as a ghost can be but you get the point."

Everyone was quiet after that, they were all wondering how Phantom had died now. Phantom was lost in thought, how he became a halfa wasn't painless, not in the slightest. He had been electrocuted with over one hundred thousand volts of electricity and died in ten seconds.

Phantom had a lot of time to think about his death in the last two years since it happened. When he thought about it enough he realized that his parents had basically killed him. If they hadn't put the on button inside that damn portal then he wouldn't have pressed it and been inside when it turned on.

He also had himself to blame since he had decided to walk inside the damn thing because he thought he saw something inside it. That lapse in judgement had been his downfall, it was the beginning of the hell that was now his life. His life hadn't been good before that though, he was bullied on a daily basis and he had thought of suicide.

The only reason he hadn't done it was because he still had people be cared about but he doesn't anymore. His friends and family had rejected him when he told them that he was a ghost, he hadn't told them he was a halfa. He was glad he hadn't since they had literally hunted him down to try and destroy him.