Rescue Mission

When the heroes started getting close to the facility they landed the ships and made their way to the facility on foot. When the facility came into view Batman stopped everyone and looked at them seriously. "We have to be careful, they could hurt Phantom if they know we're coming so we've got to lure them away."

"Green Arrow, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Aqualad, Kid Flash, and Artemis will cause a distraction. Once it's clear Black Canary, Dr. Fate, Robin Superboy, Miss Martian, and I will sneak inside and get Phantom. Once we have him we'll contact you and we'll take Phantom back to the mountain as quickly as we can."

Everyone nodded and the first group went to cause a distraction, they made a tree fall and it hit the communications tower. A staggering amount of agents went to see what was going on and once they were far enough away the second group ran into the facility. Robin hacked into the security so the alarms wouldn't go off and they started checking each of the rooms.

The fourth room they came across was the security room and four agents were inside. They all started trying to blast the heroes and one agent hit a button which made the alarms go off. 'So much for the alarms not going off,' Robin thought, the heroes knocked the agents out and Batman got one of the agents to tell them where Phantom was.

They all ran to get Phantom and he was lying on a metal table with blood coming from multiple wounds. The agents were starting to come back into the building so Miss Martian, Superboy, Dr. Fate, and Black Canary fought them. Batman and Robin managed to get the restraints off of Phantom and Batman picked him up.

Phantom looked horrible, he was more pale then anyone had ever seen him, and his clothes were stained with blood. It seemed like it was hard for him to breath and Phantom actually shivered just a little like he was cold. His glow was barely present because he was so weak and Batman noticed that it took hardly any effort to pick Phantom up.

Phantom didn't seem to be conscious or he probably would have tried to get away from them. Batman and Robin ran out of the room with Phantom and the heroes had to push past the guards to get out of the building. Robin contacted the rest of the heroes and told them that they had Phantom and they met up as they ran.

Mere minutes after they regrouped their path was blocked by agents and the heroes all stopped in their tracks. All of the agents had blasters pointed at them and a woman in a blue and black hazmat suit walked closer to them. "Hand over the ghost and we'll let you leave."

Batman glared at her and the other heroes moved to protect Phantom from the woman. A large man in an orange and black jump suit walked to stand at the woman's side. "That thing is nothing more than ectoplasmic scum, just give it back and you can walk away."

Black Canary stood next to Batman and she glanced at Phantom, she felt so bad for the poor boy. She glared at the two, "That's not happening." The woman looked angry and she aimed her blaster at them and fired at the closest hero. The other agents fired and several of the heroes closed their eyes and waited for the inevitable pain.

When none of them felt anything they looked at the agents and they saw that they were surrounded by a green dome. Batman realized that Phantom was gone and he was floating above them, he had his arm outstretched. All of the heroes looked at him and realized that he had put up a shield to protect them from the blasts.

Once the agents stopped firing Phantom landed on the ground in front of the heroes and he dropped the shield. He was glaring at the man and woman, his eyes were filled with more than just anger, there was sadness and determination. Phantom's eyes were glowing in warning and the woman pointed her blaster at his heart.

The woman growled, it wasn't intimidating to Phantom at all, "I should have destroyed you when I had the chance."

Phantom growled and the woman backed up a little but she kept her blaster aimed at the ghost teen. "I could have told you that Maddie."