Upside- Kirk (songfic)

So there are a few bumps where you might need to wait for the next lyric, but otherwise it's pretty smooth. Read slowly. Start music here :)

Fifty-seven days. That was how long you were stuck on the planet. You had gone to survey some peculiar plants that had seemed to generate its own light source and bring samples back to the ship.  But, some unforeseen weather had blown your ship way off course. And led your shuttle crashing to the ground. After the fifth day of no calls, you had expected they had given up on you. You had created a home for yourself, using the remains of your ship. Luckily, it was a class M-planet, so you could grow some Earth food. You woke to the sound of the strange bird chirps and squeals. Yawning, you threw off your covers and started your day. Humming a little tune you remembered from the Enterprise.

The calm is quite devine
For an oh so busy mind
That's never, still

Pulling some roots out from the clay-like dirt, still humming. You carried them inside, this time singing the words softly.

But the blood and dirt and rain
Moving like a wayward train
Along the hills

How could you forget the words? It was your favorite song as well as his.

You know
The power of the landslide
Is ever-mighty strong

How could he just leave you here? To let you just waste away?

And it's hard to see the upside
When you've been down
So long

Did he forget? Had he just moved on with another woman?

Let it take me there
A thousand miles of vacant air
Between us, now

You missed him, so, so much. You waited and wanted him to come back to you.

Here alone I lay
And I'd I take her anyway
That she'd allow

But you new it was a fantasy.

And I wonder
Where does all the grace hide
I need to find my own

He was never coming back.

But it's hard to see the upside
When you've been down
So long

Sighing, you lit a small flame in your makeshift stove, plopping a pot full of water on it. You then headed back outside to farm the plants. Trying to remember him was a mistake, you knew it would just make you cry.

You know
The power of the landslide
Is ever-mighty strong

You leaned down and began plucking berries and various other edibles from their stalks.

And it's hard to see the upside
When you've been down
So long

Your emotions began to get the better of you, so you stood up and walked away from your work, singing the words loud and clear, pouring every ounce of love into every syllable.

Tell me
Where does all the grace hide
I've gotta find my own

Tears now blurring your vision, you fell to your knees, still singing.

But it's hard to see the upside
When you've been down
So long

Breathing heavily and openly crying, you tried to finish the song.

Oh it's hard to see the upside
When you've been down
So long

Clenched sobs wracked your body as you croaked out the last line.

Oh it's hard
To see
The upside....

Jim...

Well, sorry I haven't been updating recently. This was my first sad one / songfic! I hope it was too your liking and wasn't too bad. The next one will be happy and better and Bones. ;)
LLAP 🖖🏻