Chapter 22:

Chapter 22: 

Damon paced back and forth challenging...domineering, as if this were just some sick game to him. He peered at me, sizing me up as if he were going to put me on display or something. I felt the urge to cover my body with my arms, but the drug that I'd choked on was just beginning to wear off.

Fantastic.

Damon commanded Drew to get him some gloves and a two bottles of water. Shortly after Drew returned with the desired items. Damon slipped on the gloves and took hold of a water bottle, unscrewing the cap as he grabbed it. He walked toward me and dumped the water over my head. I gasped.

"What...pffft...was that...pfft...for?!" I said angrily, in between sputters. My hair was now glued to my face and Nick's sweater clung to certain places of my body. He hovered above me and ignored my question as he pulled a black rubber band off of his hand. He gathered my hair up into a blob on the top of my head and walked away. "Why do you guys hate me so much!? What did I do to you!?" 

Damon stopped in his tracks and glowered at me. 

"Quid pro quo Amanda..." He stopped short, as if he were contemplating something. Wait...quid pro quo. That means this for that...which means he wanted answers for answers. Okay if it's answers he wants, it's answers he'll get. 

"Okay Damon. What?" I asked slightly irritated. 

"Who killed your mother. Do you know, or have you been left in the dark for so long that your thoughts have consumed you, leaving to wonder...who was that evil man that got away with stealing the one thing closest to you? Tell me Amanda. I really am curious." My heart broke at his words. It was true that they never found the man that did it. They said that the killer being a man was the only thing they knew, but they never did say how they knew, and I was beginning to question everything. 

"Did you do it?" I was determined to keep my voice calm, and I was surprised at how steady it sounded, despite the internal despair I was enduring. He laughed smugly, making me want to punch him in the face, and shook his head disbelievingly. 

"The better question is not who did it...but why?" I was so confused at the moment, thoughts entering my head..thoughts I'd never dream of having. "Ponder this. Your mother may not have been all happy-go-lucky. Maybe she had a past that you and maybe even your father didn't know about. A past not much different than your little boyfriend's..." I shook my head again. 

"Why are you speaking in cryptic? Are you suggesting I didn't know my mother?!" He laughed once more, causing my animosity to spike again. 

"Amanda. Intelligence. That's all you need to figure out what I'm telling you, and you are very adept. You always have been." He chuckled deeply. "I remember once when you were little-" I cut him off sharply. 

"When I was little?! What is going on?! I'm sick of you speaking to me like I know what you're thinking because I don't so stop!" 

"Duly noted then. Ask your question, it is answer for answer after all." I squinted at him disbelievingly. 

"First off. Where the heck am I?!" He clicked his tongue annoyingly. 

"Well I shouldn't tell you...but who can you repeat it to other than me and my son?" Woah did he say son? I knew they were working together...though I should've figured this already. Man I feel stupid. "You're on the edge of town. But no you're not just in any random place, no that would be too simple. You're in a specific location, that's very special to them. I'm giving your little posse a week to find you, if they don't...." He just stopped. He just stopped talking!