Chapter 5:

Chapter 5:

The next day Clarissa hounded me for hours, trying to get more information out of me. She didn't believe me when I said I told her everything-which I did. Eventually, I got her to shut up by asking her to go shopping with me because I still hadn't found an outfit for daddy-daughter night.

She took me to the mall so I could get my car and then we headed to a petite boutique seemingly crammed in-between Kohl's and Old Navy. After shopping for an hour and a half, we finally found a dressy-casual dress that suited me well. And Clarissa found a few things for school.

"You...look...SMOKIN!" Clarissa was jumping up and down, squealing  like a pig when I left the dressing room. I laughed lightly at her.

"Thanks loser." She fake gasped and I changed back still laughing at her. 

"And here i was, thinking we were best friends!" We walked to the cash register.

"Oh hush. You know I love you!" I smiled to myself thinking about how close we'd become. Clarissa really was a great best friend. I was snapped out of my thoughts as a smooth, deep voice floated to my ears.

"Good afternoon ladies. How are you today?" He smiled at me and his eyes lingered a bit on my face before he turned to smile at Clarissa as well. Rissa didnt answer, so I replied that we were fine.  When I looked over at her, she was gaping at the cashier.

"You're hot." She said bluntly. I groaned at her. "Really Clarissa. That is so rude!" The cashier laughed deeply. "Sorry. She has a...boy problem..." He was really cute, but saying it like that is just ridiculous.

"It's cool. Thank you...Clarissa." He turned to me. "So she's Clarissa...and you are?"

"Amanda." He stuck his hand out for me to shake and I grabbed it daintily. By now he was done checking out our stuff and we were turning to leave when Jared - we found out that was his name - called out to me. I turned around and he was slowly jogging over to me.

"Hey...uh can I maybe have your number?" He was holding his phone out while looking down at the ground, studiously inspecting his shoes. Clarissa let out another squeal that she tried -but failed at-covering up as a sneeze. I gently grabbed his phone and entered my number.

He looked somewhat surprised but I ignored it and gave him a wave goodbye as I walked out the door. Luckily I had to drive my car home, but I knew I would be hearing about this tomorrow for sure.

**

My dad ended up taking me to my favorite restaurant, Red Lobster. We talked about school and my new friends. I told him about Jared,  luckily he only went slightly overprotective when I told him he'd asked for my number.

"Amanda. I'm really proud of how you're handling your new life." He looked at me, honor etched into his facial features.

"Thanks. I just figured mom wouldn't want me hurting myself like that." I smiled sadly. "I really miss her you know."

He grinned at me. "Am I really that bad?" He joked, effectively lightening the mood. I laughed and finished eating, then we left the restaurant, small smiles lingering on both of our faces.

**

The next day in English, Clarissa talked endlessly about Jared up until lunchtime. We waited in line for our lunch, then walked over to an empty table.

"Do you think he'll ask you out? Oh my gosh he so thinks you're cute!" I rolled my eyes as someone cleared their throat behind me. When I looked over, Dylan was standing there, with an odd expression on his face.

"Hey. You guys want to sit with us at our table?" He pointed over to his table, which was filled with a bunch of muscular guys. Three....two...one...

"Oh. My.Gosh!" Clarissa gushed. I really know her too well already. When I looked around, the whole cafeteria was looking at us wide-eyed.

"Sure." I gathered my things, Clarissa was bouncing around like a kid in a candy store next to me. When we got to the table, Dylan introduced us to all of his friends.

There was Zack, who was blond with bright blue eyes. He was the friendliest. There was Nick, who had shaggy brown hair and dull brown eyes; he was the jokester. Blake had spiked black hair and his eyes were brown too. He didn't talk much. Then finally, of course there was Dylan. He was the sarcastic, serious one. The whole time, Clarissa continued bouncing next to me.

"Is she always this excited?" Nick asked, turning his head slightly to inspect my best friend.

"Shut up, Nick. It's cute!" Zack smiled at her, which caused her to stop boomeranging and look down, timidly. I poked her thigh and winked at her, causing a deep blush to spread through her cheeks. My phone vibrated in my pocket, and I pulled it out, wondering who would be texting me in school.

'Hey Amanda. I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me this Saturday? Clarissa can come as well... if you want her to.

-Jared

I smiled, but before i could reply, my phone was snatched out of my grasp. My head snapped toward Clarissa, who was yelping in delight.

"I told you Jared would ask you out!" She said matter-of-factly. I laughed lightly and grabbed my phone.

"Are you going to come with?" I'd only ever had one boyfriend, so I was always awkward when guys tried to ask me out. It doesn't help that I usually said no to them either.

"Heck NO! You go! You're going to need a cute outfit. I'll come over Friday and help you pick one out." I shook my head amusedly and replied that I'd be going.

I looked up and caught Dylan looking at me, brows furrowed, and frowning slightly. When he saw me though, he pulled his phone out and focused on it. He was such a weird guy, but then again, what guy wasn't?

------

I feel like I should offer incentives or something for those who like comment and vote ;) *hint hint*

God bless!! <3

Simone:)