Chapter 18:

Chapter 18: 

---------

This is all I have for now, but I  promise I'll write this weekend (its a 5-day weekend so I'll at least update once...so PLEASE stay with me:)) 

---------

I awoke on the couch, snuggled next to Dylan, with the guys and Clarissa on the floor and my dad in the armchair, with Dill in his lap. For a moment I was confused, when I remembered that we had movie night. I slipped out from underneath Dylan, and admired how beautiful and peaceful he was when he was asleep, then silently tip-toed upstairs to my bathroom to take a shower. 

I showered quickly, knowing Dylan would know I wasn't near him, and threw my hair in a super high bun. I looked at myself in the mirror for a while, excited that my bruises from Jared were mostly healed. 

"Studying your beauty love?" I spun around and came face-to-chest with Dylan. Darn him and his long legs! He was like a ninja, a beautiful, sweet.... My thoughts were cut off by the Brit's egotistical smirk. Well it was obvious he knew what I was thinking. 

"Um...a-actually, no. My um...wounds are healing!" I pronounced proudly, after I got over my small stutters. He smiled sadly at me and I pushed him back. "Now move, I need to brush my teeth." 

"Can I do it for you?" He asked jokingly. I shook my head and grabbed my toothbrush. "So what do you want to do today?" It was Saturday, and I really wasn't expecting to do much. 

"I don't know...what's the weather like?" He walked over to the window and groaned loudly.

"It's raining!" He pouted, looking like a whole fourteen years younger than he was. I didn't see what the problem was, I loved rain. 

"Yay! Rain rain rain!!" I jumped around the bathroom, my toothbrush hanging haphazardly out of my mouth. "I love rain. We must do something outside Dyl!" He laughed at my childishness, but hey could you blame me? It always rained in Georgia, but not much here.

"Alright! Hmm. Well get dressed in something other than jeans, love. That wont be comfortable wet. I'll be downstairs if you need me!" And with that, he jogged out of my room, leaving me to wonder what we were going to do. 

**

"Dylan Alexander!  Just tell me where we're going!" He shook his head.

"Nooooope!" The rain was pouring harder now, so I just focused on the melodic 'Tap Tap Tap'  of the droplets on the window. 

We pulled up to the edge of a forest-looking thing, and figured it was some sort of national park. My assumption was proved correct when I saw a wooden sign, reading 'Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Park'. I frowned when I saw the 'Closed' sign hanging right beneath it. 

"Dylan. It's closed!" He rolled his eyes, as if to say 'You naive child'  and hopped out of the car only to open the backseat door. What was he doing? He pulled out a beautiful Cherrywood picnic basket, and slung a long pole-looking thing on his back, then came around to open my door and grab my hand. I kicked the door shut and shrugged to myself. You only live once right? That's what they say nowadays. 

We climbed over the small chain that was separating us from the forest and walked on the path through the thick shrubbery, and after a few minutes we arrived in a small secluded area. He let go of  my hand and took the skinny bag thing off of his back, then pulled out a large tent. Okay, makes sense. After he propped it up, we crawled in, and I was pleased to find that the inside was very warm and cozy. He then reached into the basket and pulled out a small radio, and an array of food, boxed into insulated tupperware. 

I gaped at him as tears pricked the back of my eyelids, and he looked at me confused. He just didn't know how sweet he was! I closed the small gap in between Dylan and I, and hugged him tightly as he stroked the back of my head and laughed.

"Well you're very welcome love." I laughed and turned on the radio.

We ate in a very comfortable silence, then I realized it was getting dark. I was about to tell Dylan, when another Fray song came on. I was beginning to think he liked these guys as much as me, though I'm guessing he had them on a playlist knowing they're my favorite band. I giggled and Dylan raised his eyebrow questioningly as he turned the music up.  

"May I have this dance m'lady?" He asked in his not-so-faux British accent as he stepped out of the tent and held his hand out. I bit my lip and nodded, feeling extremely giddy inside.

"Don't be mad at me if I step on your feet Dyl." He rolled his eyes again-I thought guys didn't do that?-and I got up to get out.

"Don't worry babe." He smiled at me knowing I hated being called 'Babe', but before I could reprimand him for it, I caught sight of hundreds of twinkling lights, cautiously hung up from posts in the ground, under the protective blankets of the large trees around them. My jaw basically scraped the floor... when did he have time to do this?  

He laughed at my expression and held his arms open for me, which I eagerly molded to. Because I didn't know how to dance, he set us up and then picked me up gently, placing my feet on his. We swayed as the rain soaked us, though Dylan's heat still radiated onto me, and the lyrics in the song became clearer to me:

'I'll keep you warm, dancing in a downpour' 

I snuggled closer to Dylan and let the lyrics encroach my brain, as I breathed in Dylan's refreshing scent. Dylan began softly singing the lyrics in my ear, and I smiled at his angelic voice. I kissed him full on the lips as I thought to myself:

"Dancing in a downpour with the greatest  boyfriend in the world. How did I get so lucky?' 

--------

So sorry for the wait. Umm like I said earlier 5 day weekend starting Thurrrrsday so I will try to spit out as many chapters as I can xD. I know its soppy and romancy for now (and its slowly killing me) but I promise action is soooon to come! Its all part of the plot.

Thank you for sticking with me this long! It means so much and I love you all! :)

PS; Please excuse any spelling or grammatical errors, and comment vote and fan! :) 

GodBless:)

Simone<3