Chapter 10:

Chapter 10:

"I don't want to do this anymore. What do you not understand about that?!" Dylan was basically growling at whoever he was speaking to.

"You're not just going to leave, Dylan. You're our best fighter and I'm refusing your request to withdraw." The man was clearly very authoritive, and his voice made goosebumps appear all down my arms, even though I was wearing a sweater. Dylan cursed loudly, which shocked me because the only other time I heard him curse was when he found me beaten half to death in the park.

"Dylan...just calm down. You don't want to do anything stupid, so chill." That was Blake! What were they doing here? Then I heard another voice.

"Bro, just tell him why you want to leave, explain it to him." Nick was here too?! I heard Zack agree with him and I was completely baffled, so I decided to listen, in hopes to get more answers.

"Doc, please. Theres...." He sighed deeply, before continuing. "I love her but she can't be a part of this. She's been through enough already." He was pleading but still firm when he spoke. My heart clenched painfully when he spoke of this 'girl'. Who was she? He must really care about her; well he did say he loved her so I guess it made sense. I was about to go home and cry myself to sleep, but the man - Doc - spoke again.

"You love her huh?" He chuckled deeply. "Well I have a...proposal for you. You take on five of our best guys, win and we'll give you our blessing. Die and...well you die." He was speaking so casually, and it really made my blood boil. 'He'll never agree to that!' I thought to myself.

"Okay. When and where?" Oh my gosh! He was going to do it.There w What if he didn't make it? I couldn't imagine being without Dylan. He was like my best friend, apart from Clarissa. Even if he did love another girl, I still wouldn't be able to lose another person so close to me.

I peeked out from the corner I was hiding in, ant took in the scene before me. Dylan, Nick, Blake, and Zack were standing shoulder to shoulder in a defensive stance. Doc was standing across from them. He was a very tall man, much taller than Dylan even, and looked very menacing. He had black hair, styled into a buzzcut, and was very broad-shouldered, and nauseatingly buff.

"I'll send you the details tonight. Goobye, Dylan. And I hope you're making the right choice." With that, he walked out of the small nook they'd been in, leaving my four friends alone.

"Dylan, you're sure this is the right thing to do? It's really risky." Zack's voice was laced in worry.

"Yes, Zack. Think about how you feel about Clarissa. That's how I feel about her. Now go home. Thanks for everything guys." I heard the guys say their goodbyes. Dylan sighed. "You can come out now Manda." I froze for a moment, then stepped out tenatively. "I suppose you want answers now?" I nodded, not meeting his eyes. He sighed again, and grabbed my shoulders gently, leading me to his car.