Chapter 19 - Part 2:

*Recap*

"First off, tell me what happened when you talked to Zack..." 

-----

Chapter 19 - Part 2: 

Dylan put on his seatbealt and faced me. "You want to go eat and talk instead of going home love? Your dad might ask questions and...HE'S at my house." I knew 'he' was Damon, and since Dylan couldn't be around him long without hurting him, and my dad would ask way too many questions, I nodded.

We drove silently, and shortly after leaving the school, we pulled up to a place called Ronnie and Ronda's. R&R's was a petite but very popular eatery that was a unique combination of a diner and a cafe. Owned by a sweet woman in her forties, and her niece, the food was very popular because it was all homestyle. Dylan and I sat at a booth in the corner, when Ronda walked up to us.

"Hey girl! Where have you been?! I haven't seen you in like...foreverrrr!" She pulled me out of the booth and hugged me tightly then noticed Dylan. "Hey duuude! You been treating my buddy right?" He nodded. "Good, because I would hate to have to break your face...actually  I wouldn't hate it so much..." I slapped her lightly, and reclaimed my seat.

"Just do your job and get me a burger and some fries with a Sprite, please." She laughed loudly, earning some amused and confused glances from the rest of the customers, as she pulled her notepad from her apron. 

"Whatever fatty, Hulk what do you want?" He did a once-over across the menu. 

"Can I get some fried chicken, with yams and macaroni and cheese please, with some lemonade please?" He asked in his oh-so-polite British voice. Ronda nodded and walked off as I stared at Dylan incredulously. "What love?" 

"Since when does Sir Tea and Crumpets eat southern food?!" He laughed and shook his head condescendingly.

"You are so obtuse, my dear Amanda." Did he just call me OBTUSE?! 

"Are you calling me fat?!" He laughed again, and grabbed my hand.

"No love. Forget about it. Do you want to know what happened with Zack or not?" I nodded my head and picked up a french fry that Ronda had just placed on our table. "Well when I found him, he was in the gym, throwing a basketball like he was trying to kill the wall with it or something. I asked him what was going on, why he was fighting with Clarissa, and he just kept throwing it. Then he stopped and told me he couldn't tell me anything." He ran his hand through his hair, and took a sip of his drink. 

"When I asked him why, he cussed me out and told me to leave him alone. Then, as I was walking out, I opened the door and then closed it, to make him think I left. Stupid dummy fell for it, and was saying 'Sheryl' and 'Gang' over and over under his breath. I walked back to him, and he turned around and punched me in the face. Since that idiot is my best friend, I didn't want to hurt him, so I pushed him on the floor and walked out." He looked at me sheepishly.  

"Is that all?" He looked thoughtful, and then his eyes widened. 

"He said something it sounded like his mother's life is more important than some girl's, but he sounded as if he was reassuring himself, like he didn't believe it." My jaw dropped. 

"Dylan we have to call Doc...I think something is seriously wrong." 

**

"Dill lay down, or you're going back in the car." He rolled onto his back and fell asleep almost instantly. "Okay Doc, have you figured out anything yet?" Doc ran both hands over his face. 

"Well I think Zack's been blackmailed." My eyes widened, and Dylan's hand tightened around mine. "I still haven't figured out why, but I think it has something to do with James' Gang." 

"Who's James?" I'd never heard of this 'James' guy before, even though he sounded pretty infamous already. Dylan looked at me and answered. 

"James is the head of our rival gang. He's known for his ruthlessness and hatred towards those in and out of his gang. Nothing gets in the way of what he wants, and he stops at nothing...especially when it comes to revenge." I looked at Doc desperately, who just nodded sadly.

"I also think he's working closely with Jared, and possibly Damon." I stood up from the couch, knocking over the coffee table in the process. 

"WHAT?! Why would Jared be working with a gang!?" He frowned.

"I have no idea. You guys need to talk to him, I'll go get his mother and keep her here so she can't get hurt." We walked off to the car, and Dylan called Zack, who told him that he was at home. When we arrived, Zack was on his front step, with his face buried in his hands. I walked up to him, and patted his shoulder reassuringly. 

"Zack we know what's going on...kinda. We need you to tell us what's up." He looked at me desperately, then shook his head. 

"I can't...my mom. I can't...I just..." He sucked in a deep breath, then ran in the house. We were just about to follow, when he came back out, holding a whiteboard and a pen. Before we could ask questions, he started scribbling in messy handwriting. 

'Guys, they threatened me. I can't say anything because they planted a mic in my shirt. If I take it off, my mom gets killed right on the spot. Jared is behind this. He still wants you Amanda, and he's not gonna stop until he gets you back. Sheryl a part of it too, her and Jared are a part of James' gang. Sheryl forced me to break up with Clarissa. You guys have to tell her I'm sorry but I can't let my mom get caught up in this.' 

He closed up the pen and threw it across the lawn forcefully. 

'We're going to fix this okay?' I mouthed to Zack and he nodded, a hopeful glint rekindling in his eyes. 

"Well Dylan and I are going to the um...movies. So yeah...see you at school." He nodded and we ran off to the car again. 

"Dylan where are we going to go?" He drummed his fingers on the steering wheel. 

"Call Clarissa love, but don't use your iPhone, use the one Doc gave you." I nodded and dialed Clarissa's number. After I'd explained everything to her - and after her bawling and her ridiculous amount of regret - we arrived at my house. When we walked in, my dad was getting ready to leave for work. 

"Oh good princess, you're here...hey Hulk what's up?" Dylan did some weird head nod thing that my dad returned. I figured it was a guy thing, so I didn't question it. "So I might be working a little late, you two don't do anything I wouldn't do!" He winked and skipped over the threshold, as my face grew hot. That is SO embarrassing! Dylan laughed and pulled me to my room. 

"Dylan how do we get Jared to leave Zack alone?" 

"We need a diversion. We need something to distract him, get under his skin." I nodded slowly, pondering our options.

"Okay I got the perfect idea." Dylan raised an eyebrow. "He wants me....so he'll get me." 

-------

Sorry if this chapter sucks guys >.< I wrote it and rewrote it and it still isn't what I want  BUUUUT Its important so here ya go -___- Stillll I would love it if you vote, comment , and fan :) 

Love you guys! :) 

Godbless<3

Simone:)