Chapter 14:

Chapter 14:

My heart hammered wildly in my chest and my breathing became ragged and shallow. I slowly turned to face the guy behind me, and my eyes instantly connected with his very familiar orbs. My skin crawled  and tingled uncomfortably, at the sight of his face. 

"Hey baby. Did you miss me?" Jared's smooth baritone voice resounded in my eardrums, but was no longer connected to anything happy. My subconscious tensed up for the physical suffering it was about to endure. I squeezed my eyes shut and waited for the blows to come. Instead, I felt Jared pick my chin up tentatively with his finger and kiss me.

He smashed his lips down so forcefully that I hit my head on the back of the vending machine. I felt warm, gooey liquid on my neck and started to feel dizzy. Don't pass out Amanda! Dylan will notice that you're gone. Just stay awake!  I kept repeating this in my head as my mouth started to hurt and slightly bleed at the force of Jared's lips. I smashed my lips together as best as I could and held my breath. I heard a loud bang and figured that Jared had punched the wall or something, because I really didn't want to look...that is until I heard Damon's voice. That's when things got interesting. 

"Jared! What did I tell you boy?! You're not strong enough to take Dylan!" He glanced at me and began to whisper, obviously thinking that I couldn't hear. "Stick to the plan, make sure she's alone." Wait what?! Did I just hear him correctly? I started to feel nauseous, and my eyelids started to droop. Man I was so sleepy...

"What the heck is going on here?!" DYLAN! Oh my gosh he's finally here! He closed the gap between the three of us in five large steps. 

"Nothing. We were just going..." Damon started, then Dylan noticed Jared. Dylan lunged towards Jared and punched him square in the face before Jared even knew what hit him; pun intended. Jared groaned loudly in pain and rubbed his jaw, smiling eerily. How was nobody hearing this?! Suddenly, I slid down to the ground, no longer able to hold myself up. I could feel the blood slowly drying up on my neck and back. 

Dylan locked gazes with me worriedly, and I begged with my eyes that he would just take me back to the room..I was just so sleepy. I guess he got the point because he kicked Jared in the side and pretty much told him if he ever came back he wouldn't hesitate to kill him -which I personally though was a bluff, but Jared skittered out pretty quickly nevertheless. Dylan just eyed Damon, and he soon left as well. 

Dylan picked me up gently and noticed the small pool of blood drying on the ground where I had just been laying.

"Where does it hurt, love?" He asked quietly. I pointed to the back of my head and he hissed through his teeth. It wasn't that bad was it? He walked back to the room and placed me on the bed. "Don't go to sleep Amanda. Im serious, you could slip into a coma so stay awake alright?" I nodded meekly and sat up straight. Dylan quickly returned with a dark rag in one hand, a bowl of steaming water in the other, and a first-aid kit tucked under his arm. 

"Um...Amanda? You're going to have to um...take your shirt off." Despite my rapidly growing headache I managed to smirk at him jokingly. "Only so I can get the blood off I swear!" He said quickly. I just laughed and slowly pulled my shirt up above my head. I sat behind me and started wiping the warm rag on my neck and back. My hair was in a high bun, and he easily found the graze on the bottom of my skull, leading to my neck. Luckily it was just a surface cut so it wasn't too bad. I took a comb and tenderly parted my hair so he could clean the wound. 

After it was all finished -it took an hour and fifteen minutes surprisingly- I could finally go to sleep. Dylan locked the door and threw one of his extra baggy shirts to me. I sneered and pulled it on then snuggled close to him, finally accepting some rest. 

**

"No Jared please don't touch me! Please I'm sorry! PLEASE! Dylan help me! Dylan!"

"Amanda! Wake up!!"

I bolted upright, my left hand reaching for Dylan, and my right going to my throat. Dylan looked at me anxiously, poised like he was ready to attack or something.

"Are you okay love? Talk to me." I jumped up and ran to the bathroom as bile creeped up my esophagus. I flipped open the toilet lid a threw up quickly, because I hadn't eaten so there wasn't much in my stomach anyway. I sat there dry-heaving, stood up after a while and flushed the toilet, then brushed my teeth and headed back to the bed. 

That really made my head throb in pain all over again. Dylan sat at the edge of the bed, with pills and water waiting for me. I smiled at his sweetness. Who knew this tough, sarcastic jerk had such a loving side? Maybe that was just the hopeless romantic in me, but I was glad to have him. 

I quickly took the pills and downed the water, then crawled into Dylan's  open arms. Literally. He sat on the bed and held his arms open and waited for me to accompany him. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked as ran his hand lightly up and down my arm soothingly. I nodded and he waited for me to speak. 

"He...he was choking me and hitting me. I couldn't fight, and all of my screams were muffled or something. No one could hear me." I sniffled, then realized I was crying. Dylan kissed the tears off of my face as I continued. "I was so scared, but no one was there to help me...the scariest part was that it felt so...real." 

"It's okay I'm here. He's not going to hurt you, love." He was speaking calmly, but I knew he was mad because he was tense and breathing heavily through his nose. I rested my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat that was gradually lulling me to sleep. He began to hum and I smiled to myself. 

"Dylan...why don't you mind me calling you by your name, but you do when everyone else does?" 

"It's because...I don't know why. I've just never cared. My name sounds like music coming from your mouth." He grimaced at himself "Oh my word, you're making me lame!" We both laughed, then I stopped and looked him in the eyes. 

"Dylan. Sing to me please?" I'd never heard him sing before, but it just felt like the right thing to do at the moment. He faltered for a moment, then began singing Munich by the Fray. I started crying again at his beautiful voice, and before I knew it, I was fast asleep in my boyfriend's arms. 

------

Wow! You guys I'm so happy I'm actually getting feedback! YAY! :)THANKS!!!!! :DD If you haven't heard this song, you need to ! It's pretty legit :) Anyway thanks for the support! <3 you all!

 Oh and please forgive the spelling/grammar mistakes! I'm working on editing asap :) 

God Bless ALWAYS! :D <3

Simone:)