27

For once Tyler and I enjoyed our self on a non-romantic level. I had butter on popcorn for the first time. Not the best I'll tell you that. I'll stick to my British sweet and salted thanks. He dropped me back home straight after the movie.

"Night Rosa, thanks for tonight. It's a shame I blew our chances together" he says before I enter the house. I turn back to him over my shoulder "I think that fact I'm leaving in 2 weeks is what blew our chances." And with that, I wave goodbye and walk inside.

I come home to screaming. Lucas and Sue at first. About her finding some 'substance' in his room. Sue isn't the best fighter, she's more of a peace bringer. But my dad takes over. Repeating that Lucas is stupid for ruining his life on drugs. I'm still stood at the front door stunned at everything that's going down. I notice Mike sitting on the staircase, he was watching it all happen. He shouldn't be hearing this kind of stuff. I drop my bag and walk up to him.
"Common I have something to show you" he clings to my hand and we walk up the flight of stairs. It was late so I made him get changed and get into bed. Once I had settled him I reached for my phone and got up a Spongebob episode linked to baseball. I left the room for him to watch it.

The fighting was over. But only because Lucas had left. His car was gone. He'd be out all night, I could tell. Sue had gone to sleep herself and I assumed Maya was too. I went downstairs and into my dad's office.

"Oh hey Rosa," he says, I guess surprised I was there.
"Hey, what happened with Lucas back there?" I ask. He laughs "that useless boy brought drugs into my house. If it wasn't for his over-polite mum he'd be out!" He says. "You know dad, yes he's been in a dodgy place before but he could have changed," I argue. "You haven't seen what I've seen Rosa" he mutters filing some paperwork.
"What do you mean?" I ask. "I would hear him come home, throwing up and gagging. I'd ignore it each night pretending I was asleep. I've had to drive him home from parties when he's stoned or drunk. I'm surprised his livers haven't failed yet." He sighs "I told him to change over the summer, to look after you. But who am I kidding of course he wouldn't change. He's just like his father."

He ushers me away after that. He was too busy with work. I go back to Mike's room. He's sound asleep so I retrieve my phone and hed to bed myself.

I do what I normally do then lay on my phone for a while. I watch some vampire diaries and text Lola about what happened with Lucas. She's shocked. She knew what he did. And she used to argue against it with Brooke but they gave up on him. But she never thought he'd bring it into his house. Not with Mike or Maya around.

Before I head to sleep she mentions Brooke is having a slumber party with her and that I'm invited in two days. As well as Tyler and Lucas but they would eventually leave for the night. I agreed to go. I might as well as they would be going back to school in 4 days so this is a good time to not be lonely.